Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,464 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• How to Record from Sibelius/VSL?

Hello guys for the computer illiterate here can someone help me out. I have GPO and was used to it having its own built in record function that nicely records the played music and exports it as MP3 for me. VSL doesn't have this so how can I record as MP3 or WAV the music that Sibelius plays with VSL Samples? Please help.

Thanks

• Which version of Sibelius?

FWIW you can record the sound that you hear using a 3rd party app such as Audacity or Total Recorder.

• Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. I shall look into this audacity and total recorder now. Oh and I have sibelius 5.2 for whatever it's worth (not sure why you asked).

• Damn you guys are good whenever I have a problem I come here and it is fixed and usually by the same damn guy too! DG thanks!!

• By now you probably know the reason I asked. If not, it's because in Sibelius 4 the sample player is run outside of Sibelius as a standalone, but in Sibelius 5 it is run within as a plugin, hence being able to record the mix internally. However, in both cases you can use an external recorder such as Audacity or Total Recorder.

DG

• No, please don't assume I know anything as I'm realllllllllly not knowledgeable in any of this stuff at all. I barely even know what the word stand alone means but I'm slowly learning about all these terms like DAW and VST etc. Well actually I don't even know what VST is I lied LOL, I sort of have a rough idea though.

But you said in 5.2 it can be recorded internally ...does that mean sibelius 5.2 itself comes with a recorder...? Or did you mean some other way? Because I do see a record button in sibelius but I didn't think it was for that, I thought that was for recording midi from your keyboard into the score because that's what the record button on an old notation program I had did.

I'm trying to download audacity now because Total Recorder wasn't free and Audacity is so hopefully that works out for me.

Thanks again.

• Hey guys well I downloaded the free "Audacity" however I can't seem to get it to record. Not sure what I'm missing but when I open it up and open VSL/Sibelius and I click the big record button on Audacity and then the play button on VSL when I play back what Audacity has 'recorded' it in fact hasn't recorded anything. Almost as if it only records inputs through a microphone or something, is there any specific way I can somehow redirect it to record sounds that my comp is producing internally like VSL music......?

Thanks

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on