Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,676 users have contributed to 42,253 threads and 254,888 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• In the hope that tomorrow will bring good news: [8-|]

Bump.

DG

• I think the younger and vital ones among us might have a reasonable chance to witness the release of the product.[:P]

Bart

• the VSL-choir will be released, no doubt about that, but we prefer to talk about our products when we've finished the work. all our customers and the entire VSL-community are beautiful, young and vital, so i can't see the need to change our philosophy. we are looking for quality in the spirit of a musician instead of speed in the spirit of a racing driver.[;)]

cheers, michael

• last edited
    last edited

And before anybody asks:

@michi said:

[...] we prefer to talk about our products when we've finished the work. [...]

.... yes, we know that we talked about Vienna MIR actually years before its release, but this was for a good reason: We had high hopes that somebody else would do it! 8-)

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • HA! :D

• Haha, don't worry. I am fine with the way you guys do your thing.

Besides, I will lose far too much money if you keep releasing products too fast [:D][:P]

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Bart

• So...now that the MIR-age has ceased to be a mirage and it has indeed come upon us, will hopes for a choir library this year be fulfilled, or..?

• Hopefully before the '10 year' anniversary of the sopranos that were released. [:(]

• I don't own the sopranos but from what I've read on the forum, they have some issues and take some getting used to in order to work with.  However, I understand that they sound fantastic.  Perhaps VSL is working on these "issues" so that they can put out a better product then what is already available. 

• I'll give you everything in my pockets right now for what you've got done so far.

It's your move,

• Well, coming up with a choir library which lives up to the high quality standard of the VSL team that we have grown accustomed to is not an easy undertaking, especially if you want to integrate seamless wordbuilding.

I imagine that especially in the case of wordbuilding that there are certain walls you run into if you want to maintain a sampling purist approach.

With that in mind I wondered about the new feature in Kontakt 4, Authentic Expression Technology, which allows for seamless morphing. If it truly works as advertized this may just be the kind of technology which will enable seamless wordbuilding.

I don't know if the VSL team has given some consideration to incorporating other additional technologies that will complement the sampling approach? If it does not change the character of the sound in a negative way and it yields more convincing results (especially in the case of wordbuilding), then using additional techologies to the sampling approach might be worth some consideration.

But then again I'm not standing in the shoes of the team working on the choir library, so, it's just a thought. Any input from VSL?

• I'm using VI 2 years now, and since then they surprised me more every time...

so I will be patient and wait for the news. since I know the things they do are great!

Bart

• last edited
    last edited

@Jann said:

Well, coming up with a choir library which lives up to the high quality standard of the VSL team that we have grown accustomed to is not an easy undertaking, especially if you want to integrate seamless wordbuilding.

I imagine that especially in the case of wordbuilding that there are certain walls you run into if you want to maintain a sampling purist approach.

With that in mind I wondered about the new feature in Kontakt 4, Authentic Expression Technology, which allows for seamless morphing. If it truly works as advertized this may just be the kind of technology which will enable seamless wordbuilding.

I don't know if the VSL team has given some consideration to incorporating other additional technologies that will complement the sampling approach? If it does not change the character of the sound in a negative way and it yields more convincing results (especially in the case of wordbuilding), then using additional techologies to the sampling approach might be worth some consideration.

But then again I'm not standing in the shoes of the team working on the choir library, so, it's just a thought. Any input from VSL?

I'm sure that the VSL team is considering anything and everything. The non release of the choir leads me to hope that it won't just end up being the same sort of pathetic attempt that other developers have delivered. It needs to be a step up from that.

Regarding the morphing technology, I wouldn't hold your breath for acoustic instruments. I think it will be very complicated and in order to work properly will need to offer the same amount of control as something like Samplemodeling's The Trumpet. But sounding better, of course. [;)]

DG

• This would not typically be VSL 'style' but I'd vote for a workable oo's and ah's release NOW (with basses, tenors and altos) - expecting a workable workdbuilding solution later (version 2.0, 3.0 , 4.0, etc,).

What say ye VSL?

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

This would not typically be VSL 'style' but I'd vote for a workable oo's and ah's release NOW (with basses, tenors and altos) - expecting a workable workdbuilding solution later (version 2.0, 3.0 , 4.0, etc,).

What say ye VSL?

Yes  [;)]

• Interest level just shot through the roof.   Thanks for the reply Herb. 

Rob

• Oh - should have also ask where is the 'buy' button for this one.   Credit card is burning a whole in my pocket over this one.[:)]

Rob

• Did I just see a mirage or did Herb agree to the first release of the full VSL choir?

• That's what I read. :)

• It's probably just real late in Vienna and Herb didn't actually realize what he was saying yes to. [S]