Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• VE and Keyswitches

I am still learning to use Vienna Ensemble and have encountered a head-scratcher (for me). I am doing a rendering of a string quartet and have loaded in several articulations for each of the instruments. HOWEVER, keyswitches are triggering articulation changes in other parts! For example, I put in a keyswitch to trigger pizzicato in the cello, but for some reason, the keyswitch is triggering the viola to switch instead. I am using Digital Performer 5.13. Can anyone provide an answer to this puzzling situation? Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@daerp said:

I am still learning to use Vienna Ensemble and have encountered a head-scratcher (for me). I am doing a rendering of a string quartet and have loaded in several articulations for each of the instruments. HOWEVER, keyswitches are triggering articulation changes in other parts! For example, I put in a keyswitch to trigger pizzicato in the cello, but for some reason, the keyswitch is triggering the viola to switch instead. I am using Digital Performer 5.13. Can anyone provide an answer to this puzzling situation? Paul

Have you set the MIDI channels correctly in VE? it sounds as if you're in Omni mode.

• Thanks DG. Yes I have Omni mode set. Didn't notice that until I read your reply. Looks as if there is only one option other than Omni: 1 Plugin Midi. Every other slot says "no device". Is that correct? Sorry for the confusion. I must have overlooked something but I have to say I find the VE user manual somewhat confusing on this point. Thanks Paul

• There are two things to check. As you say, Omni Plugin is the only choice, which is correct, but to the right of this dialogue is the part where you set the MIDI channels that each Instrument is routed to. Have you set these, or are these also in Omni mode?

DG

• I should have indicated that I originally had these on OMNI and have changed them to channels 1 through 4. The keyswitches problem is solved! Thank you very much for your help. (I also had to remember to set the keyswitches in VE one octave higher than indicated in Digital Performer.) PR