Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• HELP!: No sound with VI using Finale Human Playback

Hey everyone,

For the last few hours I've been try to configure VI/VE with Finale 2009 using the Human Playback settings posted in the downloads section for the special edition. I'm using "LoopBe30" as my virtual midi device on a Vista x64 system and have followed the provided instructions to the dot. I have my matrices loaded for each instrument, the VI and instrument channels in Finale are aligned accordingly, the midi out device in Finale is set to  "1. Internal midi", and yet no sound is produced with Midi playback activated. Setting the VI channel to omni doesn't do anything either.

However, it does work when I "Play Finale through VST".
    Please help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

• Hello Dan!

Human playback has changed a little bit from Finale 2008 to Finale 2009. We will post a new set of Human Playback Preferences for Finale 2009 in a few days.
    If you need them now, you can do the following: Take the settings from the Finale 2008 file and change the filter to "no filter" for every entry.

For Finale 2009 you don't need a MIDI loopback device anymore. You can load Vienna Ensemble directly within Finale.

Best wishes,
    Andi Olszewski
    Vienna Symphonic Library

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on