Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Increase polyphony in VI/VE

Is it possible to have a sticky outlining the steps to take to increase the polyphony in an Instrument in VE? I can't find the instructions anywhere.

Also, I'd be grateful if someone could explain where the system stress is when large amounts of polyphony are used. For example, I know that polyphony can build up when release samples are left switched on.

Thanks for any information.

DG

• Ctrl+Alt+P or Apple+Alt+P. I believe higher polyphony is taxing for the CPU. I think that was the reason it's limited in Kontakt but I haven't had any issues with it as I have edited all necessary release times in my Kontakt patches and set individual limits for different instruments. That way I can get a lower voice count and memory need per Kontakt instance as most libraries are very badly edited in this regard and can build up polyphony without any audible benefit.

• last edited
    last edited

@info_9427 said:

Ctrl+Alt+P or Apple+Alt+P. I believe higher polyphony is taxing for the CPU. I think that was the reason it's limited in Kontakt but I haven't had any issues with it as I have edited all necessary release times in my Kontakt patches and set individual limits for different instruments. That way I can get a lower voice count and memory need per Kontakt instance as most libraries are very badly edited in this regard and can build up polyphony without any audible benefit.

Thanks. I'll do some tests on this tomorrow. If it taxes the CPU, then that's fine, because my CPU barely reaches 20%. If it taxes the ASIO performance, then that's not so good.

DG

• Hi DG,

“Ctrl+Alt+P” (Mac:”Apple+Alt+P”)  is correct.

Higher polyphony taxes mainly the CPU.

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi DG,

“Ctrl+Alt+P” (Mac:”Apple+Alt+P”)  is correct.

Higher polyphony taxes mainly the CPU.

Best,

Paul 

hehe... there is no "Alt" on Apples! [^o)]

Do you mean "control" or "option"?

:) 

• Hi mplaster,

on german Macs there is - my bad [:$]

So it must be "option", between "Apple" and "Ctrl".

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hah. Never mind increased CPU, it brought down the whole application, and Nuendo wouldn't work again until a re-start. So I won't be increasing Polyphony in a hurry. [:'(]

DG