Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Possibly stupid question about VE3

Hi 

I use my VSL with sibelius on one PC and so although I am using Xp x64 obviously cannot use all my RAM due to Sib being 32 bit. (Having said that I find it more stable at using the max 32 bit RAM ie ~3 GB than running exactly the same on the 32 bit XP on the same PC....)

Anyway - I know one way to solve this is to use midi yoke but having tried twice I have failed to get that to work sensibly.

So the question is, if the midi Yoke connection allows VE to run standalone in proper 64 bit mode would VE3 do the same thing?

It was just a thought as the way I understand it (with my limited understanding!) VE3 sits in the host as a VST and then effectively "networks" out to a diff PC (apologies for my poor IT lingo) - therefore cannot it not "network out" to the same PC kind of like the midiyoke does??

If this is a silly question can someone just put me out of my misery! Because  were it to work, it would be a very useful solution for me!! And indeed, dare I say, quite a few other Sib/VSL users

Thanks and apologies again for my limited techie knowledge

Steve          

• Anyone?

If this is just silly - please someone who knows more than me put me out of my misery 

Steve

• You are going about this the wrong way. Update to Sibelius 5 and then you can use a gazillion GB of RAM with VE, if you wish.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

You are going about this the wrong way. Update to Sibelius 5 and then you can use a gazillion GB of RAM with VE, if you wish.

DG

I am using Sibelius 5.2 and I can't use any more than the 3 GB limit in 32 bit - Andreas from VSL has verified this?

Steve

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

You are going about this the wrong way. Update to Sibelius 5 and then you can use a gazillion GB of RAM with VE, if you wish.

DG

I am using Sibelius 5.2 and I can't use any more than the 3 GB limit in 32 bit - Andreas from VSL has verified this?

Steve

Andreas is wrong. If you are using XP64, it would be true if you use VI, but not if you use VE.

DG