Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,612 users have contributed to 42,245 threads and 254,865 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

•  Hi Guys

I'm glad I found two people that are using VI and/or VE with Logic. I am running Logic Pro 8 on an Intel Mac and I have VSL special edition and also VE 2.0. I cannot for the life of me get Logic to put output through the VSL or VE. When I play my keyboard in Logic it picks up the VSL or VE patch, and the MIDI In meter reads correctly, but can't get the exising midi tracks to ouput through the VSL or VE. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I have a TASCAM US-122 External Audio. Thanks.

Carmen

• Did you use the demo song in VSL download area as a template ? If you want to send your logic song to cb(dot)pub(at)numericable(dot)com I have a look at it Best Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@cgassi said:

can't get the exising midi tracks to ouput through the VSL or VE
    Hi Carmen - did you try copying the existing MIDI data onto the VE/VI track? If you already did that and heard nothing, you could try changing the MIDI channel of the VI('s) inside VE.

•  Thanks for suggestions. I was finally able to get the existing MIDI tracks to address the VSL standalone. I'm sure there are advnatages to using Vienna Ensemble. Is it logical that with more instruments available in the mixer, the MIDI tracks in Logic should be able to point to the channels assigned to the instruments in Vienna Ensemble and use less CPU and memory?

Carmen

•  Thanks again, I posted my results and a couple of more questions.

Carmen

• My experience with VSL is very new

I use VE in standalone and I use IAC to send midi from Logic to the VE
    This solution avoids to have core audio overload messages when you look or edit the VE while Logic is playing
    I have made a VE for my Appassionata where I load ALL the articulations of the Appassionata
    From Logic I switch articulation via program changes

I do the same for my Brass, Winds and Percussions but with QSLO Platinum and Kontakt 2
    Using K2 it was recommended to have Multi (= VE) instead of instruments (= VI) you get better performance and if you load twice the same instrument the samples are loaded only once (VSL can answer better on this one)

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic