Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,944 users have contributed to 42,266 threads and 254,954 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

At the moment we have no concrete plans and schedules for strings single download instruments.

First we look how the wind downloads will work and make any plans regarding strings later this year.

Generally most users need string ensembles with all sections.

So the SE and SE PLUS string download products are for most users useful as downloadable string products.

best

Herb

I can understand Vienna's thought process, but as many other have stated here, the Chamber Strings would be my first choice as an instrument download.  I already own both Special Editions.  I honestly dont have plans for downloading any of the wind instruments; HOWEVER, as much ground as the Special Editions cover, there are a few key articulations I see targetted in single instrument downloads that I'd like to have in my chamber strings collection, as the smaller string sections definitely sound appetizing to me (I've already purchased the full Solo String collection).  I am almost torn to throw down and purchase the full chamber string DVD collection, and I WOULD, but I really can't justify spending almost the full price on the standard library when I already own almost all of its articulations with the Special Editions, you know?