Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Wrong patch assignments in Sibelius Solo Strings standard edition fxp

I don't know if I must put this post in VSL forum or in Sibelius forum, so I will do in both.

Some of the patch assignments in the matrices of the standard edition cello for Sibelius fxp (Sib_SoloStr_Cello_L1.fxp) are wrong:

1. In tremolo (F0), the ponticello and harmonics use DB_pon_trem_fA_auto instead of VC_pon_trem_fA_auto.
    2. In trills (B0), the sustained patches (1A and 1B) use VC_trem_sus_fA_auto instead of VC_trill_1 and VC_trill_2.
      By the way, as I mentionned it in another post, VC_trill_1 and VC_trill_2 are only in extended edition, contrary to what the VSL web site and the VSL documentation report.
    3. In trills again, the ponticello patch uses DB_pon_trem_fA_auto.
      I have replaced it by the standard trill VC_trill_1 and VC_trill_2
    As an annoying side effect, each time you load this fxp, the number of possible starts is decremented in the Viennay key, since the patch DB_pon_trem_fA_auto (error 1) is present only in the extended edition.

• Hello mplasse!

Thanks for your input and sorry for your inconveniences.
    The Sib_SoloStr_Cello_L1.fxp file will be corrected soon. Just download the new .zip file from your User Area/Needful Things then.

To have the Cello trills also available in the Standard Edition, please download the latest Library Update from your user area.

Best regards,
    Andi Olszewski
    Vienna Symphonic Library

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • New sound set files for the Solo Strings (Sibelius 5.1 and 5.2) are online. The Sib_SoloStr_Cello_L1.fxp file is updated. The sound set itself and all other VE presets stayed the same.

Best,

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on