Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,470 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Sibelius 5.2 and Vista

I would really appreciate someone's help. I am trying to use VSL SE and Vienna Ensemble with Sibelius 5.2 on my PC running Vista.  I am unable to see any Vienna in the playback configuration.  I think I haven't copied the right files to the correct folders, but am unsure how to rectify this. Could some kind soul point me in the right direction. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Many thanks

Chris 

• Hi Chris, What does your VST folder have in it for Sibelius?  Does it show the dll file for the Vienna Ensemble?  If not you need to drag the Veinna dll file into the Sibelius VST folder. I am also running the same config as you. And had the same problem. Hope that helps..Best, Joseph

•  Hi Joseph,my Sibelius VST plugin folder does contain the Vienna dll file. I have also put the xml file into the Sounds folder in Sibelius in App data.  I am not sure what else to do.  Can you tell me which folders should show in the directory manager of both Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Instruments - as I might have got this bit wrong.  Many thanks for your help, I do appreciate it. I have been looking forward to using these for a long time, and am finding it very frustrating!

Thanks very much

Chris 

• Hi Chris, When you reopen Sibelius, in the playback devices did you try rescan, closing Sibelius and then reopen. It should show. If not, send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you a snap shot of my folders. I know how frustrating it can be, I also had the same problem. Best, Joseph

•  Joseph, thank you for your help. It's now working!  I deleted VE and re-installed and all was well :)

thanks again

Chris 

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on