Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,462 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• VISE, Vienna Ensemble and Sibelius 5.2

Has anybody experiencd midi addressing issues with Vienna Ensemble 2 and Sibelius 5.2? I am running an Intel Dual Core 3GHz with 3Gb RAM, XP Pro 32 bit and an RME HDSP 9652 soundcard. When I load 3 instances of Vienna Ensemble the 3rd instance which contains strings only is not being triggered, the first 2 instances trigger fine. When I select playback of the strings only in the score Sibelius is somehow triggering the first vienna instance. I have checked all the midi setups and that the soundset is set to trigger the correct instances. The 3rd instance does trigger when I test under playback devices. I have subsequently rolled back to 5.1 and everything seems to work fine.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Simon 

• Hello Simon!

Have you checked the Sibelius mixer? Maybe the wrong output device was selected there? But I guess since you have rolled back to Sibelius 5.1 it's too late for checking that now. [;)]

Best,
    Andi Olszewski
    Vienna Symphonic Library

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Hi Andi,

Yes I did check the Sibelius mixer and all the outputs were assigned to the correct Ensemble instances. I take it that my problem is not a common one. I guess I could try and put 5.2 on again and see what happens, unless you have any other thoughts. 

• Hi Simon!

If everything works fine with Sibelius 5.1, I would stay with that. Sibelius 5.2 in some cases shows weird behaviour. [;)]

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Thanks Andi,

Is there a list of known issues? You have kindly prevented me from wasting my time reinstalling the Sibelius 5.2 update this morning as I was going to do some further testing. 

• I don't know of a list of issues, but with strings in particular Sound ID changes (and therefore keyswitches and controller changes) often don't work as they are supposed to. Especially when there are more instruments of the same kind.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on