Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,289 users have contributed to 42,289 threads and 255,038 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• You can check it out at www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/index.php.

• Well, ouch.  Just, ouch on the whole deal for Hans and JNH.  I mean, geez.  But, whatever, I'd give a nut to have either of their careers, so...

_Mike

• I suppose some credits got to be given for their acknowledgement of the contribution of others on the score. Will assume they've learnt their lesson and won't make the same mistake again!...Colin

• I see a version like this a sort of sort of variation of the main orchestration for a combat scene perhaps, but not as a main orchestration of the theme. Still well done!

• Oooooooh, I like that a lot!

Mahlon

• Oh my goodness me. That sounds like something that might have been put on a Steve Reeves film and recorded in Rome circa 1964.

Thank you Mike!

• Other apparent talents:

http://www.seattlepi.com/tv/1401ap_people_danica_mckellar.html

•  ...NOOOOOO! Not Winnie! [:'(]

I only know you from this thread (long ago) and your website, Mike, but I can say in all honesty it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!  All the best my man!!

• Congratulations Mike.

All the best for the future with the new Mrs Verta.  Noticed that you hadn't been about for a while.  You've obviously been posting elsewhere! [;)]

Colin

• Thanks, guys!  Yes, I've been away awhile, writing wedding music :)

_Mike

• last edited
    last edited

@mverta said:

Thanks, guys!  Yes, I've been away awhile, writing wedding music 😊

_Mike

We look forward to hearing it if you choose to upload it. Unless of course you were speaking allegorically...

Kling on.

Colin

• Congratulations Mike, both on the music and the marriage!

I've been following with much interest although I must admit that some of the tech talk is way over my head...

I have been listening to some of your work on your website and I am most impressed. Beautiful work!

I've always been a big fan of the Wonder Years and I hope they'll release it some day on dvd.

The last episode was so endearing...

Jef

www.aeronaut.be

• Hi Jef

I remember when the series started back in the 80s and was a fan myself. I suggest you do a bit of Googling- you'll find that it's available on DVD.

Colin

• last edited
    last edited

@ct1961 said:

Hi Jef

I remember when the series started back in the 80s and was a fan myself. I suggest you do a bit of Googling- you'll find that it's available on DVD.

Colin

Hope you googled. All 115 episodes on DVD for $19.99!        http://www.dvdglobe.tv/Drama/380/The-Wonder-Years.html

• Hi Colin,

thanks for the link.

I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a "wonder years" thing, but I fear that these are pirate releases.

As far as I know there has only been one official "best of" dvd in bad quality.

Perhaps Mike could ask his lovely wife if she knows if we will ever see a decent official "Wonder Years" release on DVD?

Jef

• Yes, all releases of the The Wonder Years are pirated.  The show used a lot of source music in it, and it hasn't been released due to complex licensing issues with all the music.  It's unclear when or if they'll ever be resolved.

_Mike

• Thank you for the clarification Mike!

Nevertheless I hope they will solve it and that there will be a decent official release of that wonderful tv show.

I listened to the amazing work on your website and I'm sure we will hear a lot more of you when going to the movies in the following years. 

Keep up the great work and my best regards to your beautiful wife.

Jef

• Beautiful inspiring work! I now know where the bar is. I have two questions for you: 1. Do you have any books you recommend for film scoring or anything related to it? 2. How important do you feel geographic proximity to L.A. is for anyone wanting to write music for film?

• I like Mike V's arrangement better than Mike G's arrangement. :) 

• I probably shouldn't comment as mverta has not been very pleasant to me and has always ignored my own music, but anyway his arrangment/performance is much better than the new Star Trek score which uses the old theme in a rather sappy way at the end.  The mverta version is much more imaginative and powerfully scored, and the performance even sounds better than the big live orchestra they have. 

That film's score is disappointing to me.  The main theme does not sound right for scoring the spectacular shots of the Enterprise.  But maybe I have been spoiled by Jerry Goldsmith's awesome original score.