Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,429 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,793 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Random is not good enough, When a string player plays with vibrato, it is not random; if follows a very specific set of rules, and even then it still sounds different, depending on the player. I would think that to make anything even bearable with LFO you would require a detailed knowledge of playing the instrument, and then you would know enough not to be satisfied.

With regards the vibrato patches, which instruments are you missing them with, so that we can be totally clear about this?

DG

I cannot find any vibrato patches in the string section of SE for example.

I was not talking about random vibrato, I was talking about randomizing pitch variation. Technically it can be done with 3 "standard" LFOs. The first makes the "core" pitch variation, the second modulates the amount of the first with a random wave, the third modulates the rate of the first.  An envelope can be used instead of the thrid LFO. I will make a sample of what I'm talking about and see if it sounds good enough (if I find a sampler with enough LFOs of course 😊

• last edited
    last edited

@michkhol said:

I cannot find any vibrato patches in the string section of SE for example.

The Performance Legato and Sustain patches are all vibrato patches, unless they say otherwise.

DG