Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,464 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• VIENNA ENSEMBLE 3 won't connect from siblius 5.2 of logic 8

can't get vienna ensemble to connect to sibelius 5.2 or logic 8. Status saus"not connected" what am i doing wrong?? have vienna ensemble running outside sibelius...plugin shows up inside sibelius but will not connect???? any tips?

• Hello!

If you want to use Vienna Ensemble inside Sibelius, don't open it standalone. In Sibelius go to Play/Playback Devices and activate it there.

Did you watch our Sibelius setup guide?
    http://vsl.co.at/en/211/442/371/243.vsl

Best wishes,

Andi Olszewski,
    Vienna Symphonic Library

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • For some reason I am having the same issue.  I can use VI just fine but I cannot get VE to connect.  I am running sibelius 5.2 and VE on the same machine.  I watched the video like 10 times looking for a missing key but I have done everything on it.  When I am in Manual Sound Sets I have Vienna Ensemble chosen for device, and VE special edition plus for 5.2 in soundset.  Checked use manual sound set.  I set it for 2 channels (piano and violin).  Put violins in channel 1 and then piano in channel 2.  I can see both of those instruments on the right side as I hit apply it added them.  I saved the configuration as "Piano Violin Vienna Ensemble".  When I hit Show to bring up the window I get the Vienna Ensemble server interface window and it says Slave (none), Status: Not Connectec, Buffer X2.  nothing I do gets it connected.

What am I missing please?

Thanks!

• Well sure would help to read the manual.  Took me exactly 4 minutes from the time I wrote this to realize it's right on the first pages of the manual.  Had an RTard moment.  I am up and running now.

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on