Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,000 users have contributed to 42,334 threads and 255,218 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Using VSL SE in Sibelius

Hey all...I have changed the topic of this message as I now have seemed to have got the sounds working in Sibelius (I'm using version 5.2 so am expecting to encounter some problems along the way ..!). I wanted to ask...how can you place a note (e.g. a crotchet at the beginning of a bar in 3/4) in a stave so that when the note ends, it does not just cut out abruptly on playback and, instead, fades out naturally? Thanks, Matt

• ^^ I have a feeling it's something I need to edit in the playback dictionary...?

• Hello Matt!

This should work automatically. You don't have to add anything to the playback dictionary.
    If strange behaviour occurs, I would check the following things:

In "Playback Devices"/"Manual Sound Sets" there should be the same channel settings as in the Sibelius mixer and in Vienna Ensemble.

See if notes without a special articulation get played with the "sustain-patch" in Vienna Ensemble (VE).

If notes sound cut abruptly, maybe you changed some of the "Perform" settings in VE. With Play Release you can turn on/off the Playback of Release Samples. With Rel you can set the Release Time. This is also possible to set for each patch individually in the "Control Edit" window.

Best,
    Andi
    Vienna Symphonic Library

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on