Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Possible to run VE 3 on one local machine?

Dear Group,

This may seem odd, but when I'm on the road, I would like to create a scaled-down orchestral template that I can run on my laptop. With VE 2, it was possible to load many Vienna Instrument instances within one window, so that they could be mixed and panned from one location. Is this possible with VE 3, or is the program only designed to run throughout a network?

If VE 3 CANNOT run locally in this manner, is it possible to have VE 2 and 3 installed simultaneously?

Thanks!

• you can connect VE3 to localhost, but then you need to have also a VE3 service running and a license on the key ...

VE2 and VE3 cannot run simultaneously

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • GREAT, THANKS!

• Can you elaborate a bit more on how to do this with Mac OS X.  When I run VE3 as a plugin in Sibelius it says the Server Interface is not connected and there are no slaves listed.  How do I connect it to localhost?

Thanks,

Steve 

• start the Vienna Ensemble Service on the local machine first (you should see a dialog of connected hosts which is empty at first), then connect from the plugin to the service (a server named localhost or 127.0.0.1 should appear) - done.

make sure you don't have an active firewall which blocks local calls or at least allow VE3 as exception (a dialog pops up after the first start of the service which you should not click away), allow ports 6477 and 6479

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.