Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,742 users have contributed to 42,180 threads and 254,564 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 61 new user(s).

  • VE3 License

    If you have a Master and a Slave (each one of course with a Vienna Key) then do you have just one license for the VE3 on only one of those keys? I thought I had installed a demo license on both my Master and Slave since my Slave claimed there was no valid license but I can only see the License on my Slave and not on my Master. It all works though.

  • You need one licence for each slave running VE3. The only time you need a licence on your main/master DAW is if you want to run VE3 on it as a slave too (i.e. localhost mode).

    Best

    Tim

  • last edited
    last edited

    @timkiel said:

    You need one licence for each slave running VE3. The only time you need a licence on your main/master DAW is if you want to run VE3 on it as a slave too (i.e. localhost mode).

    Best

    Tim

    I have "bought" 2 demo licenses one for my DAW and one for my Slave so I can run VE3 independent for Logic on my DAW as well as the Slave.

    The points are:

    I had installed the 2 licenses on the 2 Vienna Keys.

    On the Slave Syncrosoft 5.4.0.0 shows:

    All Applications (demo) remaining starts 180.

    Master Collection percussion

    Collection Vienna Ensemble 3 expiration date 26.05.2008 starts 28/30

    -------------------------------------

    On the DAW Syncrosoft 5.4.0.0 shows:

    All Applications (demo) remaining starts 73.

    Master Collection....too Many to List

    There is no "Collection Vienna Ensemble 3 expiration date xx.xx.2008 starts xx/xx" showing.

    But I can run the Local Host VE3 alongside Logic. The License must be there but is not visible.

    Unless I have not understood something!


  • Hmm, very odd. I'm still using 5.2.24.7 so it could be a bug in 5.4?

  • tim, isn't in your LCC listed an *unknown application*? IIRC for vienna ensemble 3 min. version of LCC is 5.2.26.x ....

    just checked 4 of your keys and all show a VE3 permanent license, no datelicense found ...

    christian


    and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • christian, mine's working fine - it was sandpiper who was having the problem with his demo licences. I'll update my sycrosoft software anyway.

    Thanks all the same though.

    Tim

  • uhhh, sorry tim ...

    sandpiper: you have downloaded only the demo license for which you have received the code with your second request (and it resides alongside with percussion and a demo mode #1 license on your newest key)

    the earlier received code is still unused ...

    hth, christian


    and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

    @cm said:

    uhhh, sorry tim ...

    sandpiper: you have downloaded only the demo license for which you have received the code with your second request (and it resides alongside with percussion and a demo mode #1 license on your newest key)

    the earlier received code is still unused ...

    hth, christian

    Yes now I can see it. For some reason I thought I had installed the License on both machines. Since my DAW is not the machine I use for my main email the activation code sat in a mailbox on my office computer. So there is a danger in using an Inbox Zero Policy. I had put it straight in my registrations mailbox and not used it. BUT everything seemed to work without that license!!

  • it isn't working without a license - it is using your (all applications) demo mode #1 starts ;-)


    and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

    @cm said:

    it isn't working without a license - it is using your (all applications) demo mode #1 starts 😉

    I thought it was probably that.