Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Special Edition Plus

Hi - does anyone know what the dongle situation is with SE+ - is it still all on one vienna key and therefore one machine or is it now on two?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi flashman,

the Special Edition PLUS is a separate product with it´s own license. One license can be used on one machine.

If you decide to get the Special Edition or Special Edition PLUS Download products, you will receive split licenses for the different sections.

Does that help?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • it certainly does Paul yes - thanks.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi flashman,

the Special Edition PLUS is a separate product with it´s own license. One license can be used on one machine.

If you decide to get the Special Edition or Special Edition PLUS Download products, you will receive split licenses for the different sections.

Let me make certain I understand that correctly: because I purchased the Special Edition DVD, I get only one license for the entire orchestra.  But the download products provide separate licenses for each section?

So the download version can be run on multiple machines but the DVD version cannot?  Why?

Can I pay the difference in price (DVD vs. download) to get the separate licenses?

This would make a HUGE difference to my workflow (I wouldn't have to bounce tracks anymore, just like the good old days of Opus 1/2).

rgames

• Friendly bump.?.?

Lots of posts to repond to over the last few days, I guess...!

rgames

• I have a similar situation - got the Special Edition as a boxed set and the the SE plus as download - the later with

3-way split license

However it is my understanding that in order to us the SE plus, the original SE must be installed and this can only

be on one machine as there is only one code for this - so you end up with all on one machine.

Or does the new licenses for the SE Plus work as a license for Special Ed. ?

• I would like to know about this too.  I have The 2 volumes of SE & SE plus as well as extended libraries.  Many of us would like more flexibility in splitting the libraries so for instance, I could put all my brass and woodwinds on a separate computer.  The current licensing policy seems remarkably cumbersome in this regard, unless I am missing something.

• Hi everybody,

1 license can only be stored on 1 ViennaKey, by design. You can of course use the Special Edition PLUS download collections on a different computer than your Special Edition, but it also makes sense to have all articulations for one instrument available on one computer.

The Special Edition PLUS licenses do NOT contain licenses for the Special Edition, however.

You can load the Special Edition FULL Library with all available articulations in  a little more than 4 GB of RAM. On modern computers and given the price of RAM these days (just bought 12 GB for around 200 €), it´s no problem to load the Special Edition and the Special Edition PLUS in one machine (although you will rarely need ALL samples at the same time, I guess).

Hope that helps.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL