Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Instruments not seeing 'custom' programs any more... after installing latest version

Hi, I just updated to the latest version of VI (2.0-3173) and since doing so, the programs that I have put together no longer show up in the browser in VI. I ran the Directory Manager several times, and know that the folder which contains the programs is there, and it was all working fine prior to this update. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, any light you can shed on the problem would be much appreciated. I'm on OSX 10.4.9, Protools 7.3 and using the RTAS version at the moment. Thanks. Greg Turner

• Hi Greg,

the new location of the Custom Data Folder is in the "shared documents" (PC) or the "shared" Folder (OS X). 

As there were quite some permission problems regarding permissions, we decided to keep it there. You can copy your existing matrices and presets directly to this location, everything will show up in your VI / VE again.

However, as this is obviously causing more confusion that we expected, we will go back to the "old" system with the next update.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL