Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Any tutorials on running Vienna Ensemble with Logic 8?

Are there any tutorials on running Vienna Ensemble with Logic 8? And also how to assign Logic plugin FX to VE instruments. I can't find instructions. Power panning looks very handy

• Hi smallfry, 

we will start with some video tutorials very soon.

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Great. I look forward to it. Is there any chance that the VI audio units could change in the future so that every time you double click on a VI plugin in Logic's channel strip, the VI interface opens up straight away. At the moment, when you double click a VI plugin n Logic's channel strip it opens up a "Vienna Instrument Audio Unit- server Interface". You then have to click on the show button to reveal the VI user interface. VI is the only 3rd party plugin I've used where a double click doesn't open the interface straight away. When you are editing settings frequently this quickly becomes cumbersome. I would greatly appreciate not being constantly reminded that I am going through the "Vienna Instrument Audio Unit- server Interface" since it has nothing to do with my workflow. Thanks

• last edited
    last edited

Hi smallfry,

the Server Interface is necessary to connect you to the server that allows you an additional 3 GB RAM access. So you can load a lot in Logic and additionally get 3 GB of RAM for your Vienna Instruments, independently!

Did you check out the Vienna Ensemble already? It´s a multitimbral Vienna Instruments hosting and mixing interface - one click and you have access to up to 16 Vienna Instruments. It´s free and it´s waiting for your in your User Area [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

we will start with some video tutorials very soon.

This is good news!

Video tutorials are really helpful. You guys at VSL know and understand your stuff so much, but VI & VE are so deep that it's great to see one of you demonstrating how you move around the interface and do things.

I know you're all perfectionists [;)]  but never mind being Oscar-winning movie-makers.......just sit down and point a camera and let us share your vast knowledge.

Waiting (not so) patiently

Colin