Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,618 users have contributed to 42,247 threads and 254,871 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I still don't understand.  When I go look at strings it says I need to but standard + EXT and there is no box for PLUS at 330 euros for both.  Isn't this the same as SE standard + extended?  I just want the additional articulations.  How do I purchase those?

Chris 

• are you looking on strings (without plus) or strings PLUS collection? - both have a standard and an extended library.

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I am looking at the strings PLUS collection.  There is no way to just buy the plus?

Maybe I am looking at this wrong?  Is the PLUS package broken into standard and extended and it does not
    include any samples from SE and SE extended that I bought from Ilio?

Chris 

• Exactly,  PLUS edition does not include any sample content from the Special Edition DVD collection.

best

Herb

• I have the SE and SE extended libraries and am interested in purchasing the Plus extended libraries.  However, I also like to have the original disks from VSL.  I read somewhere on the forum that VSL is planning to release the SE Plus libraries on disk.

So my question is if I purchase and download the Plus extended libaries now, will I be able to get them on disk for a nominal fee when they are released on disk?

Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

will I be able to get them on disk for a nominal fee when they are released on disk?

unfortunately not, because both products (download and DVD version) have different licenses. whereas the licenses for the download products are seperated there is only one license for the DVD product

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I would just like to know, out of curiosity, is there a reason why the Triple Horn and the Horn Ensemble a4 in SE Plus do not contain trill samples?  Every other brass instrument (minus the trombones of course) in SE Plus has trills, the Triple Horn and the Horn Ensemble appear to be the odd ones out.

• We've never recorded trills for these instruments.

best

Herb

• Thank you for the quick reply Herb, I really appreciate it!  However, I don't think I understand your reply because clearly on the "Vienna Instrument Brass I" sample content webpage under Horns a4 it states 12 PERF TRILL with Trills, legato, minor to major 2nd in the extended library.  See: http://vsl.co.at/en/211/442/412/357/614/401.htm  Also, on the "Vienna Instrument Brass II" sample content webpage under Triple Horn it states 12 PERF TRILL with Trills, legato, minor to major 2nd in the extended library. See: http://vsl.co.at/en/211/442/412/358/621/402.htm

Unless those webpages are incorrect it appears that there were trills recorded for the Triple Horn and Horn Ensemble a4? So then why would those trill samples not be included in SE Plus, when all other Brass instruments in SE Plus have trills (except the trombones).  This appears slightly odd/inconsistent as well because the Vienna Horn and the Horn Ensemble a8 have trills in SE Plus while the Triple Horn and Horn Ensemble a4 do not.

Hope that makes my question more clear, I apologize for not wording it better the first time.  Thanks, Brian

EDIT: I only mention this because everything about your products is so consistent, detailed, and precise; that this rare inconsistency seems odd. [:)]

• Performance Trills are not recorded trills, they are a kind of combination of performance legatos and performance repetitions (multiple interval samples of the same interval). With these patches you are playing each note of a trill, it's not a recorded phrase.

There are no performance trills of any instrument included in the Special Edition PLUS packages.

best

Herb

• Thank you so much for your thorough answer, I clearly missed the detail that the trills listed on the SE Plus package are not Performance Trills.  Again I must stress how appreciative I am of you and your excellently responsive VSL team.  You guys are the best! [:)]