Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• VAT for international orders

Is VAT is applied for international orders?

bestservice.de exclude the VAT from my order while vsl.co.at does not.

I perefer to order from vsl site since they made the discount for the extened libs, I have the old horizon series champer and entitled for the extended lib for 30E. But still bestservice.de has a better price because of the VAT.

Please advise.

Regards.

• Hello,

Also interested here about about this

Best regards

Dup

• I believe - although I could be wrong, that VSL always use a local distributor even when you order off their website. For example in the UK they use Time+Space. I can order on the VSL website or with Time+Space and I get my discounts regardless but also UK VAT is applied - which if you're a business here you can of course claim back. AFAIK if you order with a company outside the UK your wouldn't pay VAT (e.g. VAT in Germany) but HMRC would charge you UK VAT + import duty when it arrived in the country and this would probably work out more expensive. Best Tim

• basically there are 3 scenarios:

1) you order in the vsl webshop and (at least one) product needs shipping

-> the order is forwarded to the distributor for your region and further proceeding happens to local regulations

- if VAT applies or not depends on source- and destination country and respectoive VAT regulations

- seperate rules for america because of the tax-freedom-act for internet business (price at VSL website for US does not include VAT)

2) you order in the vsl webshop and no product needs shipping (extended library license or download product) *)

- a) there is a tax regulation between austria and your country and you provide a valid VAT ID

-> vsl examines validity and subtracts the 20% included VAT

- b) there is no tax regulation between austria and your country or you don't provide a valid VAT ID

-> your invoice includes the austrian VAT because we have to pay it over

*) ViennaKeys ordered alongside with products which do not need to be shipped will be sent directly from vienna though

unfortunately not even within the EU the regulations are too clear and the administrative overhead is enormous - it seems the EU did not yet realize there is something like internet or online business and is intending to leave definition of the regulations to the court of justice ... very annoying.

import duties in countries without a trade agreement with the country of the seller is a seperate topic and even more complicated.

and because this is not enough: there is actually within the EU a separate set of regulations for licenses, even if the *normal* regulations for VAT would apply ... haha ....not very funny buerocratic nonsense .,..

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

emperor, german regulation to your country might be different than austrian one ...

basically you can order anything (except subscriptions) from an authorized dealer or the distributor for your region (they have access to an application which allows sell discounted licenses for extended libraries)

if your preferred dealer is not yet a member of the VSL authorized dealer program please encourage him to contact our respective distributor

christian

• Thank you Chris for the details. My country is Qatar(Middle East), is that means I need to pay VAT for downloadable products? Say SE Plus Strings?

• Quote:[you order in the vsl webshop and no product needs shipping (extended library license or download product) *) - a) there is a tax regulation between austria and your country and you provide a valid VAT ID -> vsl examines validity and subtracts the 20% included VAT - b) there is no tax regulation between austria and your country or you don't provide a valid VAT ID -> your invoice includes the austrian VAT because we have to pay it over ]

I have a valid VAT but in your form I didn't find any way to write it, so I don't have any proof of purchase and I need it for my Accountant!

Sergino (from Italy)

• last edited
    last edited

emperor, whereas a few countries have a temporary exception regarding VAT (sales tax) for online sales this has been widely discussed in the EU without result - the current status is that VSL has to pay the local VAT unless any other regulation applies.

sergino, you could add your VAT-ID as a comment to your order which would be proceeded accordingly. the page for the personal data is currently under revision and will allow adding the VAT-ID to a company name.

please email sales@vsl.co.at to find out if such an information can be added and apply to your order from december.

christian