Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Vienna Ensemble and Logic 8 Rules

Hi! I´ve tried it and everything is running. I ony don´t know: How can i get into ensemble with more than one channel in Logic. I tried the different channels in ensemble. like it is written at the manual and with one Channel in Logic everything is ok. But how can i make an arrangement with more than one instrument and cannel. Wich kind of Channel do i have to create in Logic and how do i have to rout it? There is no manual aviliable!!! Thanx Manu

• Actually a manual IS available .. one merely has to look at your user area .. then Vienna Instruments .. and then you'll see manuals available for all your stuff .. including VE. As for how to make it work on 16 channels .. you need to make a multi-channel instrument and assign the channels to the VE. It's on the manual so I'll let that take it from here. Good luck. ........... by the way .. setup of this also depends on how you want to run VE .. standalone .. or plugin.

•   Quoting an edited version what I wrote in another thread at

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/17411/124464.aspx#124464

"In Logic's environment, create a new multi-instrument - - this will have 16 channels.

Wire the multi-instrument to Instrument 1 on the MIxer page of the Environment. (To move an object from one layer of the Environment to another, select the object, hold down the option key while selecting the layer of the Environment to which you wish to move the object.)

Name the Multi-Instrument something like VE 1. 

After you have done this, load a multi-channel instance of VE into Instrument 1.

Go to the arrange page. You will find that, when you right-click or contol-click a track, you can reassign it to VE 1, channels 1 - 16). Load the instruments into VE as you desire.

It is important to remember  that, in Logic, MIDI Volume (CC7) changes will affect all 16 channels of a multi-instrument simultaneously. Since this is rarely desirable, use MIDI Expression (CC11) to affect changes in level for each channel - MIDI Expression settings can function independently on all 16 channels."

I hope this is helpful.

Stephen

• Thanx, But what means "Instrument 1 on the MIxer page of the Environment" ? When i load my Autoload Song, there are allready 10 fixed Instruments (EXS,NATIVE, usw.) loadet On the First Instrument i have a Piano. So do i have to replace the piano with VE in the Envionment? ThanX Manu

• last edited
    last edited

@Manustix said:

Thanx, But what means "Instrument 1 on the MIxer page of the Environment" ? When i load my Autoload Song, there are allready 10 fixed Instruments (EXS,NATIVE, usw.) loadet On the First Instrument i have a Piano. So do i have to replace the piano with VE in the Envionment? ThanX Manu

Well you can instantiate VE into any Audio Instrument you wish - - I was giving you the simplest case. (You can create up to 63 Audio Instruments in Logic 7 and 255 Audio Instrument channels in Logic 8.) Or, you could remove EXS from instrument 1 and put it and the piano sample you like into another Audio Instrument channel if you wanted - but then your piano would be on a different channel.  

Might I suggest looking through Chapter 2 of the Logic 7 Plug-in Reference or Chapter 10 of the Logic 8 User Manual? You will find a great deal of information there. 

• I am with it, but yes! Thanks again! Manu