Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,720 users have contributed to 42,254 threads and 254,894 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

Thanks, we also need to know, if the crash is reproduceable if no altiverb is inserted.

best

Herb

Hi Herb  

I'll test as soon as I'm in the studio today.

Jules

• Hi Herb, Christian

I ran some more tests with VE and Logic - this time with Altiverb removed from the system.

I can still reproduce the VE crashes easily, just by opening and closing a few instrument interfaces or trying to work with the VE interface itself.

I am sending the resulting crashlog to your support address now.  Like you, I also had a suspicion that perhaps Altiverb might have been the cause.  Unfortunately this seems not to be the case.

Please let me know if/how I can help further.

Regards

Jules

• Chris/Herb 

FWIW the standalone Vienna Ensemble displays none of these issues - I worked with it using the same VE session all day yesterday (including 5 instances of Altiverb 6) and saw no issuees of stability, so the crashes certainly seem to be specific to the plugin format, perhaps exclusively an issue with Logic.

However, there are some strange memory overhead anomolies.  My Vienna Ensemble setup uses 1086 MB of samples, but shows memory usage of 1.9GB.  Even allowing for a few instances of Altiverb, it seems like alot of additional memory is being used by VE compared to other hosts.

Let me know if I can provide additional information.

Jules

Intel Mac Pro (8 Core - 3GHz), 8GB Ram, Logic Pro 7.2.3, OS 10.4.11

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

saving and loading projects with more than 1 VE has been fixed ... to what else are you referring in detail?

christian

Does launching Finale still cause this version of VE to launch? Thanks, Michael

•  Micahel:

In my experience, yes, launching Finale still causes the most recent version of VE to launch. CM has said that they are working on this issue.

Stephen 

• last edited
    last edited

@stevesong said:

Micahel:

In my experience, yes, launching Finale still causes the most recent version of VE to launch. CM has said that they are working on this issue.

Stephen 

Thanks, Stephen. Michael