Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Why the extra Window and step?

Hi, I am a brand new user to Vienna Instruments Special Edition. Can someone tell me why when I bring up instances of the Vienna Instrument AU plug In Logic 8 I always get greeted with a window first that says "Vienna Instrument AU Server Interface...Show Window". Then I have to click on "Show window" and then I finally get the interface so I can get down to business. Every AU plug in I own always brings the interface up immediately. Why the extra step and the extra window cluttering the screen? If I throw 6 or 7 instances of Vienna Instruemnts on separate tracks in Logic this gets to be a bit of a hassle. Am I doing something wrong in approach? Using Vienna Instruments in Logic 8 on a Dual Gg Mac OS 10.4.11 Thanks, Dave

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Dave,

the "connector window is necessary, because you are connecting to an outside host, that gives you 3 GB RAM, additionally to the RAM you can load inside Logic.

Everything gets much more comfortable with the new Vienna Ensemble you find in your User Area. And here is the manual [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks so much..got it! dave