Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• A bit slow

I've just installed Vienna Special Edition on my system which is as follows: imac 2.16 intel 2 GB 667mHz SDRAM Logic Express 7 Tascam US 122L I keep my VSL samples on a separate HD and they load up fine, however, loading more than two or three presets and there is a latency between my keystroke and the note sounding. This make for rather interesting sequencing. I'm sure I should have plenty of RAM for at least a full string section? Is there a special hidden tweak I could try? Thanks, Ned

• What buffer is your soundcard set at?

DG

• I think 2 ms

• Actually I don't know. There doesn't seem to be any information on buffer size on the US 122L manager. Or anything else you can adjust for that matter!

•  Hello,

In Logic Express goto Preferences>Audio and you'll see I/O buffer size. what's this set to? ......try 128 or 256 samples (or experiment, the lower you go the more this increases CPU load....i.e less plugin instances etc etc)

• It's set to 512, and process buffer range set to Medium. Behaving better at the moment, and if I restart Logic the VIs seem to then behave better!