Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,839 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,934 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Gee.. Broke all my audio........ trying to uninstall and get the normal VI plug working again rrrrrr SvK

• Got it.. uninstalled...... all is well again ;-) Looks promising though.... SvK

• Hi SvK,

to answer your question: sends are post fader at the moment, improvements are to be expected [:)]

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I'll get my assistant to install it in the  XP64 slave and see how it performs. If it works well then I'll transfer it to my main studio setup. It does look very promising, although I'm sure that it will take a bit of setting up. I also have to deal with FXT64 and Nuendo 4.1, so I think that the main studio upgrade (including a new machine, once I see how all this works) will take a couple of weeks.

DG

• I'm confused... I downloaded the OSX public beta version about 2 hours ago (1:00 pm Central Time in the US), and just now read in this thread not to download that one. I just checked, and there's not even an OSX version available for download at the moment. So did I download something I shouldn't have? It works, occasionally, but is buggy as all get out. Half the time it quits responding... I have to force quit... and other times I get a Syncrosoft error... can't find the license key... and then occasionally, all will work as expected...

• Yes .. you downloaded something that they pulled straight away .. same as me :P That's what you get for being an early adopter. They are working on it so stay tuned. I think the windows version is fine. Oddly enough the VE worked fine for me .. but the VI's stopped working on their own.

• Paul Thanx, TEAM Vienna..... Sends should be Pre-Fader..... SvK

• Hello Jaimo,

we are working on it, sorry for the inconvenience. 

The Vienna Ensemble OS X version is a public beta version, and it works if you are following a specific routine right after installation.

We are making that more transparent at the moment.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Paul 

• Hi SvK,

sends should be switchable pre/post. Rome should have been built in a day [:)]

Best,

Paul 

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

Paul Thanx, TEAM Vienna..... Sends should be Pre-Fader..... SvK

No "should" about it. Just you want it that way. 90% of the sends I currently use are post fader, so for me I guess it works the way I want it to.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi SvK,

sends should be switchable pre/post. Rome should have been built in a day

Best,

Paul 

And sometimes you need both at the same time. [;)]

DG

•  I uninstalled Ensemble by dragging the folder to the trash, but VI still is showing no matrixes as it did when Ensemble was installed, and ensemble still shows as an option beside VI on the input of a track in logic. What should I do?

Colin Thomson 

• LOok I didn't mean to sound like a know-it all.... However......we are talkin orchestrals.... So in ensemble ...you set upo a bus with Altiverb Early Reflection (100% wet) set your instruments to send pre fader....so you can pull down the direct sound .....while the Early Reflections stays ... standard! SvK

• last edited
    last edited

@ColinThomson said:

uninstalled Ensemble by dragging the folder to the trash, but VI still is showing no matrixes as it did when Ensemble was installed, and ensemble still shows as an option beside VI on the input of a track in logic. What should I do?

No mac user here, but maybe this helps:

open directory manager, remove all content, reassign content, restart computer

best
    herb

• Hi Colin,

here´s the uninstallation safety routine for Vienna Ensemble OS X:

1) Trash the Vienna Ensemble Folder you find in "Applications"

2) Trash the newly created "VSL Custom Data" Folder in "Users/Shared"

3) Trash the Vienna Ensemble files you find "User/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components+VST"

4) Go to "Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences" and trash 2 files: "com.vsl.vsldirs1.plist" and "com.vsl.vslfrontend.plist"

5) Empty Trash

Then please reboot your machine and "rescan" the content of your Vienna Instruments in the VI Directory Manager.

Please also assign your "old" Custom Data Folder (Macintosh HD/*yourname*) IN the Directory Manager. 

That will work. 

Best,

Paul 

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello Jaimo,

we are working on it, sorry for the inconvenience. 

The Vienna Ensemble OS X version is a public beta version, and it works if you are following a specific routine right after installation.

We are making that more transparent at the moment.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Paul 

O.K. Thanks for the clarification. Waiting (im)patiently... :)

• Hi, I just deinstalled my Vienna Ensemble from my PC (not mac) and now......Vienna Stand-alone is telling me "No Licences Installed" .... ps: I ran the "unins000.exe" What should I do? thanx, SvK

• Thanks Paul and Herb. Uninstalled it, restarted, and everything is working great. Now I just need to wait for Mac Ensemble...

Colin Thomson 

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

LOok I didn't mean to sound like a know-it all.... However......we are talkin orchestrals.... So in ensemble ...you set upo a bus with Altiverb Early Reflection (100% wet) set your instruments to send pre fader....so you can pull down the direct sound .....while the Early Reflections stays ... standard! SvK

No. that's not how I do it at all. You are so wrong. See, we can both play that game.[:P]

DG

• DG, Herb, Paul Hi, I just deinstalled my Vienna Ensemble from my PC (not mac) and now......Vienna Stand-alone is telling me "No Licences Installed" .... ps: I ran the "unins000.exe" What should I do? thanx, SvK