Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• VI and GB HD

The VI Cube is 550 GB, according to the site info. I'm trying to sort out just how to organize my HDs configurations.

I'm planning on splitting the library onto two drives, but I'm not sure how big each component of the Cube actually is. I'd like to have the strings on one drive and not have them split up.

Is there any rough estimate available on the size of each of the 10 components of VI?

• last edited
    last edited

@JWL said:

The VI Cube is 550 GB, according to the site info. I'm trying to sort out just how to organize my HDs configurations.

I'm planning on splitting the library onto two drives, but I'm not sure how big each component of the Cube actually is. I'd like to have the strings on one drive and not have them split up.

Is there any rough estimate available on the size of each of the 10 components of VI?

There are a couple of threads in this section of the forum discussing precisely this question. Look around the end of Dec, beginning of Jan and you should be pretty close. As I recall the Soslo Strings were the largest volume at around 65 GB. Also remember the files are compressed on your HD so actual occupied space will be a factor.

There is also additional info in the products section of the site. Look in the pricing section (as i recall).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex.

• Great Alex. Thanks. This gives me a better idea of which way to go.

Also, the other threads about prefered HD configurations are helpful. Not everyone agrees it seems, but where the right answers fade into the sunset, the right questions make themselves clearer.

Cheers,
    JWL

• This thread and the linked ones in there should contain the answer to your questions:

http://community.vsl.co.at/viewtopic.php?t=7064

Cheers,
    PolarBear

• last edited
    last edited

@PolarBear said:

This thread and the linked ones in there should contain the answer to your questions:

http://community.vsl.co.at/viewtopic.php?t=7064

Cheers,
    PolarBear

Thanks, PolarBear. I'd actually stumbled upon that thread (with your detailed info). It was very informative indeed. At least I can now prepare myself for a smooth installation.

Best,
    JWL