Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,758 users have contributed to 42,256 threads and 254,905 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Boy Herb sure is a technology guru or at least his team [;)]. Not only does he have it in his breast pocket but also in his mirrorshades. We are not worthy. We are not worthy [:P]. [:D]

• Thanks David - we have all the information that we need at this juncture (now I need to watch both Ocean's 11 and 12 one more time......)

Rob

• Rob, you mean "we" need to watch Oceans 11 and 12 [:P]. Actually Oceans 12 was really a bad movie compared to 11. It's as if they made "style" make the "illogical" to be "logical". I was joking with my sister how they would just add music to the scenes that didn't make sense so that the audience would just be tuning in to the music instead of what was going on.

Btw, I didn't know Rob that you were such a funny guy. Now back to the plan! [H]

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

Rob, you mean "we" need to watch Oceans 11 and 12 [:P]. Actually Oceans 12 was really a bad movie compared to 11. It's as if they made "style" make the "illogical" to be "logical". I was joking with my sister how they would just add music to the scenes that didn't make sense so that the audience would just be tuning in to the music instead of what was going on.

Btw, I didn't know Rob that you were such a funny guy. Now back to the plan! [H]

Austin - agree with you on O12 (the dialog in O11 is some of the best around.)

Regardiing the plan [H]

At the risk of blowing everything, here is a 'decoded message' regarding the updated plan for Herb - you will need your Captain Crunch decoder ring to decipher. Here it is (read fast as I have programmed the message to dissappear in .6256 hours from post.)

Hklkj Hfudiog0og3333 Tghlkj3JKLLKJ 1HLKLKJ wlkjelkj$%$%hHHHH///45

--do you have a problem with this plan? [[;)]]

Rob

• Well - good point. Especially the elk test ... [:D]

Couldn't resist... [[:|]] I totally agree with captain crunch...

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

Well - good point. Especially the elk test ... [:D]

Couldn't resist... [[:|]] I totally agree with captain crunch...

Matt, please be careful not to give away too many hints on the message (elk test) [[;)]]

If you are going to be on this 'Elliott's Eleven' you have to be a team member [:P]

Rob

(Austin, slight update....HOUERU$54545ouj4545 - OK with that?)

• Roger that Rob [:P]!

• All I need to know if we will have this thing in Janurary - I'm moving feb 1st, so it would be nice to know if I have to change shipping address! [:)]

• Christian - don't tell us you "downsized" your house so you could afford the Cube [[:|]] [[;)]]

• And don't tell us you upsized your house so the new machines for the Cube have enough space!

• last edited
    last edited

@PolarBear said:

And don't tell us you upsized your house so the new machines for the Cube have enough space!

No need to upsize the house, do as I did - take out the vegtable garden and 'grow PC's' instead. Then you don't have to have any of your kids to move out of their rooms (sleep on the couch) to make way for these very important computers. Everyone is happy. [:D]

Rob

• Ah Rob, you forgot one thing. What about your wife!? [:P]. She might have a comeback for taking out her precious vegetable garden. Perhaps, she will cook your pc's instead of the veggies [6] [:D] [[:|]]

• Brian from ILIO has told me that VI will ship in March.

• Why such a long time? Is this correct info VSL? [:'(]

• nah - thats when the final collection (percussion) ships

• Shipping the first collection in the beginning of feburary looks more and more likely

• I don't know, VSL could certainly ship to its distributors by end of Jan, but as for us getting it in our grubby mits - Februrary could well be the month. I wonder how much of a slip this will make for the Feb and March VIs?

• I just got back from NAMM and they said that it's at the press and then they need to send it to the distributor then they send it to us. Begining of March is confirmed for the first 5 instruments. But it's way cool, worth the wait.

P.S. The organ for the early birds will ship with the second 5 instruments.

• There seems to be a lot of confusion about release dates, lost orders, and all kinds of stuff that emerges from the NAMM show floor which is out of the range of our control...

Here's the offical statement, everything else is false rumours which we ask you to ignore.

The first five Collections (Solo Strings, Chamber Strings, Orchestral Strings I + II, Woodwinds I) will be shipping by mid-February.

Cheers, Martin

• last edited
    last edited

@Martin said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion about release dates, lost orders, and all kinds of stuff that emerges from the NAMM show floor which is out of the range of our control...

Here's the offical statement, everything else is false rumours which we ask you to ignore.

The first five Collections (Solo Strings, Chamber Strings, Orchestral Strings I + II, Woodwinds I) will be shipping by mid-February.

Cheers, Martin

The confusion, Martin, isn't from NAMM, it's from VSL.

1) A group of us accepted your Early Bird Offer and paid HALF the cost of the VI collection with the understanding that the first portion would be DELIVERED late January. While I haven't seen it, I understand there's a post from Herb on the forum informing us that the DVDs would be sent to duplication before NAMM, so that immediately after NAMM, we'd be sent the first group of instruments. That's what we agreed to, and prepaid VSL for.

2) Since you knew there would be a delay, why didn't you e-mail those of us who prepaid? You had the time to send out an official VSL Newsletter inviting us to hear Paul do a demo but you didn't have time to write us or put up a post stating that there would be a delay?

3) Your distributors are legally obligated to write us if they can't ship within the time frame we agreed to. So they need to get those letters out immediately with realistic shipping dates, including when we should expect our cards to be run for the final balance.

4) If you can't ship everything when you get back from NAMM, what can you ship in January and when?

Here's what it says on the ILIO Site:

Symphonic Cube Early Bird Offer

Be among the first to receive the single Symphonic Cube Collections as they become available and get the exclusive Vienna Konzerthaus Organ for FREE!

1. Order the complete Symphonic Cube including its Standard Libraries or Complete Libraries by January 6th, 2006.

2. 50% of the Symphonic Cube bundle price will be collected from your credit card when you order.

3. The first five Collections (Solo Strings, Chamber Strings, Orchestral Strings I, Orchestral Strings II, Woodwinds I) will be shipped to you in January 2006.

see: http://www.ilio.com/vsl-holiday.html

We agreed to and paid for delivery IN January per the terms VSL and its distributors proposed and accepted our payments for.

It would be different, if in knowing ahead of time there was going to be a delay VSL posted something about it, but you didn't. Instead, you let us find out about it from a NAMM post at Northern Sounds. So of course some of us are mad.

You and all the VSL distributors need to fix this today. You have a lot of money from us. It was given in good faith and we're due better than this.

PA