Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,768 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,925 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 32 new user(s).

• How can I buy several USB key?

Hi, I'm user of VSL from South Korea.

I will buy vienna instrument and I have few question.

I have 4 computer. and want to install each section to each computer....

COM1 - Strings
    COM2 - Woodwinds
    COM3 - Brass
    COM4 - Percussion

like this.

therefore, I must have 4 USB key. but I can't find shop that selling USB key.

How can I buy several USB key?

Please answer me and sorry to my poor English.

Have a nice day.

• Hello,

look for syncrosoft usb-dongle. (For example at the Steinberg side).
    But I think VSL mentionned that they will also sell that donlge.

Or look under www.bestservice.de - as there are other products that also use the syncrosoft donlge (Scarbee) - so there should be a link.

best wishes and happy new year to South Korea and to all

• Thank steff3.

Happy new year and you will make good in that job!

• I'd just eMail the distributor you are buying your library from. He surely will also have additional USB dongles for a small price for you. Buying them from bestservice is not the best idea in your case I guess.

Hope this helps,
    PolarBear

• This has probably been covered already, but does each separate collection come with a dongle? Yet the Cube only come with one?

Colin

• AFAIK and according to TIMESPACE in the UK, you will definetly get one key with the Cube. It's not clear if each seperate VI lib comes with a key or not.

It's certainly been Steinberg's recent practice to sell products that require a key without one (e.g. Virtual Bassist, Hypersonic 2 etc etc). Their boxes are all marked "Requires USB Key" which you buy at a further £15. I guess that VSL will do the same for the individual VIs but SOC users will get 1 "free" key.

Regards

Tim

• last edited
    last edited

@timkiel said:

AFAIK and according to TIMESPACE in the UK, you will definetly get one key with the Cube. It's not clear if each seperate VI lib comes with a key or not.

It's certainly been Steinberg's recent practice to sell products that require a key without one (e.g. Virtual Bassist, Hypersonic 2 etc etc). Their boxes are all marked "Requires USB Key" which you buy at a further £15. I guess that VSL will do the same for the individual VIs but SOC users will get 1 "free" key.

Regards

Tim

Put some pressure on Time and Space and they might (hint, hint) provide some extra keys.

DG

• The USB Keys (ViennaKeys) will be available for ordering in our web shop or anywhere else where you can buy the Vienna Instruments soon, well in time before the first products well be shipping. The ViennaKey will be sold separately, it's not included in the Vienna instruments boxes. You can buy as many keys as you need (one for each computer a Vienna Instrument is running on). The ViennaKey is free if you order the complete Symphonic Cube.
    Cheers, Martin

• last edited
    last edited

@Martin said:

You can buy as many keys as you need (one for each computer a Vienna Instrument is running on).

Martin, is it any problem to have a key for each collection and have more than one VSL VI key working simultaneously on a single machine? I'm thinking that I might want to do this so that I have the flexibility of moving things around to best distribute things depending on the project I'm working on.

Lee Blaske

• lee, this is no problem - you'd just need the respective number of free USB ports (hubs will work fine)
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.