Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• SC Owner MIR DISCOUNT?

Hi VSL. I heard that MIR may be arriving Early 2006 which might be in January or February (my guess). For those of us who have boughten the SC, will there be some discount? Also, is there any info on how pricing will work for MIR or what the price will ultimately be? Thanks [:)]

• I can't give you a release date now, but a "SC owner discount" is worth to think about [[;)]]

best
    Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

I can't give you a release date now, but a "SC owner discount" is worth to think about [[[;)]]]

best
    Herb

Sure is [[;)]]

• Herb can you tell us about how much it will cost? If not, how about an estimate?

THANKS! [:D]

• Will MIR remain as an optional product, or will it be required if a person wants to continue upgrading their VSL libraries? In other words, will there be no choice, as in the case of the new VI?

Here's what I think would be the worst-case scenario: At the end of 2005, the next big upgrade to the VSL library (whatever will follow SC). The next big update of the sample library will include MIR, along with many new samples/VI's, and there will be no way to get the new samples without MIR. The update will also cost current users another $5,000-$7,000 like the current upgrade.

I'm beginning to fear that keeping current with VSL is going to cost over $5,000 every year.

Lee Blaske

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

If not, how about an estimate?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. [[;)]]

Lee Blaske

• lee, it's the other way around: you will get the full advantages of MIR only with the Vienna Instruments (eg. considering directivity of instruments), but you could also continue using them with your *legacy* reverbiation solution.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • The MIR will be an optional product, adding enourmous creative potential to our VIs, but it will be no (technical) prerequisite for their use.

Vice-versa, the MIR will mostly depend on the signals and encoded information derived from our VIs and won't make much sense without them.

We are _really_ trying to make the MIR's pricing as reasonable as possible; this is one of the reasons for the long development time. We are already discussing the possibilties of scaling it into different sizes. - But please understand that we won't quote any numbers before we are _absolutely_ sure that the final price will at least stay in the same ballpark.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Sounds good Dietz.