Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VSL Pro end of life?

Just wondering if, following the release of VI, VSL Pro will be discontinued? And if so, how much longer might it be available for purchase? Sorry if this is a repeat question, I haven't been on the boards in a while and a search didn't turn up anything regarding this.

• Sorry, no answer but some question with a related matter:

1) I think the Horizon series will also fade away slowly?
    2) How long will the side-grades (to the different samplers) be available?

best

• last edited
    last edited

@steff3 said:

The Horizon series will also fade away slowly?

IMHO, for VSL investors this could be a suicide.

Most reasonably, I guess Horizon will evolve in "VI-Horizon", or something like that...

• No more Horizon, except for the guitars, and a few others, they are all part of the VI

• last edited
    last edited

@Laurent said:

No more Horizon, except for the guitars, and a few others, they are all part of the VI

Concerning prices (and profits), they are not part of VI at all...

[6]

• Well, I think there will be VIs for them (like the Solo String VI for the Solo Strings, the Brass VI for the Epic Horns, Winds VI for French Oboe, WoodWinds Ensamble, etc., the Percussion VI for Mallets and Percussion FX and the Elements VI for Glass and Stones, Sax Vi for Saxophones and Guitar VI for ConcertG and Overdrive)

This is like Harps, Solo Strings and announced for Sax and Elements (Glass & Stones).

But will the side-grades (Kontakt to exs) be available even after the transition?

>> IMHO, for VSL investors this could be a suicide.

Well, I do not know the turnover of the First and Pro edition vs. Horizon - but well, I would not be a customer without Horizon.
    But I made some statements here about my feelings about that.

best

• Both the Pro Edition and all of the Horizon Series libraries will stay available for a very long time.
    Cheers, Martin

• Thanks Martin.

• last edited
    last edited

@steff3 said:

I would not be a customer without Horizon.

Nor me.

We are two, already.

I'm sure we have reached the critical mass to keep Horizon live for a long, long time...

[:D]

• Just wondering, once you have the VI with all of the instruments, would you still need Pro Ed? Aside to open your old projects.

• If you want to program your own articulations for instance you'd also need the Pro Ed. Not a factor for most I guess, but a heavy one for those who to this.