Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,283 users have contributed to 42,289 threads and 255,036 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• I'd rather have my next 5 packages [:(]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

I second the request for a VERY short 'demo' example. Herb, if you send me the patches/samples - I'd be happy to play a simple C-E-G Appsionata line - it is the least I could do [:P]

Rob

Thats kind of you Rob - always ready to help out [:D]

But hey - forget about the demo tune. What about a DEMO PATCH.... Herb already said he had one done - I cant beleive we let him get away with saying that without jumping all over him having him releasing it to us! [:)]

Herb... Demo Patch... please? [H]

• Yea the demo patch would be good. Hurry and stick that on your server before Christian and my head explodes! [[;)]]

--I have to say, I am with Daryl - given a choice, I would rather have the last 5 packages. I am sort of 'half pregnant' with just the first 5. Currently stradling a painful fence of VI and Giga [:O]ops:

Rob

• I'm afraid that I've been reduced to composing the "old fashioned" way, as I can't be bothered to mix and match systems. However, it is quite refreshing to see how much music I can write in a day when I don't have to demo anything....!

DG

• I'd take a demo patch aswell [:)]
    but i'd be satisfied with a tune....
    if s.o. intends to sell the epic violins as a VI i'd buy.
    because as i dont own pro edition i won't have access to the samples otherwise

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

I'd take a demo patch aswell [:)]
    but i'd be satisfied with a tune....
    if s.o. intends to sell the epic violins as a VI i'd buy.
    because as i dont own pro edition i won't have access to the samples otherwise

Well... as soon as patches are released - demo or otherwise, i'm sure you will hear a sound demo within 30 minutes [:)]

Bring it on Herb! [H]

• i'd gladly do one if i'd have the patches [:)]))) who won't

• Ok - IF you send me the patch right now, I'll throw in an extra e flat note on the short demo - to add to the already committed to C - E - F - but only if you send it now. My 'offer' expires at midnight on April 21 (MST - USA). [:P]

Rob

• i'd throw in a deep c sharp [:)]
    might sound neat

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

i'd throw in a deep c sharp [:)]
    might sound neat

If you did, my head might really explode. You must stay away from those Jazz harmonies - they will lead you down a 'slippery slope'.

Rob

• just tried to make it sound "epic" [:)]))

does anyone know about if the thing will be buyable by non-pro edition owners?
    i suppose this might have been asked a thousand times before [:)] but i am a bit lazy to read... :-p

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

just tried to make it sound "epic" [:)]))

does anyone know about if the thing will be buyable by non-pro edition owners?
    i suppose this might have been asked a thousand times before [:)] but i am a bit lazy to read... :-p

Not initially. The point was to give some sort of reward to Pro Edition users who upgraded to VI. Herb did say that he might make it "for sale" at some point, but as I gather that there were only three days of recording they might have to schedule a load more in order to have a saleable product.

DG

• pity [:)] - i'd pay

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

pity [:)] - i'd pay

Well if it is any good, I'm sure that Herb and co. will want to market it, so you'll still get the chance. If not, then buy the Pro Edition, buy Vienna SC and then you can get it. However, that might be more than you are thinking of spending at the moment [:D]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Ok - IF you send me the patch right now, I'll throw in an extra e flat note on the short demo - to add to the already committed to C - E - F - but only if you send it now. My 'offer' expires at midnight on April 21 (MST - USA). [:P]

Rob

But I only want the extended arpeggios...

• Seems like the one person I wanted to repond, didn't. [6]

• Indeed - whenever I come to the forum and see the latest post is by Herb I get all jittery - But rather a demo patch, I find something else :-/

• Is tomorrow THE D-Day ? [8-)]

• I suspect not... but who knows. My guess (as a release date pessimist) is late this week.

But fingers crossed.

• Do you one better. The realist in me says with the setback in schedules on the 5 remaining titles - we will not see these strings until mid to late May. Remember holidays in Europe today and more in later May. [[;)]]

Rob