Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,681 users have contributed to 42,667 threads and 256,811 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Herb: so u need to own Pro Edition to be eligible for this much-wanted download? [:D]

• As far as I understood Herb you have to own the Pro ed AND Orchestral strings I or II (Vienna instruments)...

• Do I get a mention in the credits for coming up with the name?

[H] [[:|]] [:D]

Cheers!

Paul

• LOL appassionata strings makes me giggle LOL

i work in an 'appassionata string quartet' doing weddings, functions and general gigs around ireland.

business has never been better ..

LOL

• [quote=herb]I was looking for an additional attractive premium bonus for our Pro Edition users ...
    What do you think?

Yeeeeesssss!!! Herb!

To be honest when I upgraded from Pro to VI I was very dissapionted with the Sound of the Orch.Strings VLs. They haven´t improved i bit. And we all were expecting a warmer, expressive etc. sounding section with the release of VI anyway.
    So you know what to do...

Best regards

Oliver

• I'm too lazy to read through the 18 pages but will this at least be for sale for those who aren't pro users? I'd kill for some good violin samples...but I can't afford to upgrade to pro edition.

• Those who own Pro. Edition Strings and who update to the VI Orchestral Strings I.

• Here's how I think it should be. [H] Those with pro edition get it for free, those with first edition stuff should be allowed to pay for these violins. It would be a nice gesture to someone like me that spent almost 3 thousand canadian on the first edition orchestral cube. [:)] Just a wish...

• last edited
    last edited

@ISM said:

Here's how I think it should be. [H] Those with pro edition get it for free, those with first edition stuff should be allowed to pay for these violins. It would be a nice gesture to someone like me that spent almost 3 thousand canadian on the first edition orchestral cube. [:)] Just a wish...

If I'm not mistaken I think Herb said they would eventually be sold as a separate library.

• Oh ok.

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

So we are able to offer real interval legato patches for many different articulations.
    Main focus is on two velocity variations, one in mp and one in mf. Here you will get performance legati with medium vibrato, heavy vibrato, progressive vibrato, variations with slightly out of tune notes (at the beginning) going into tune.
    There will also be a pp performance legato patch with strong vibrato, and a molto appasionate ff patch.

best
    Herb

Wow: This is some of the best news in sampling I've heard in a long while!

Expression is the FIRST thing we demand from our musicians in real life acoustic performances. Yet it's been the last or most non-existant element we've had in sample libraries for so long.

Congrats Herb on the wonderful VI library. I love how the demos are isolated patches / performances.

• ...still waiting on the violas sul ponticello.

I agree that "romantic" violins would be nice--right now it's either soft-as-feathers or bitingly harsh--but I'd like a complete Pro Edition before I start spending $$ for new stuff.

How about it? Violas sul ponticello please. pretty please!

• The Pro Edition only includes ponticello for the Violins. For no other string section ponticello is listed or promoted in our articulation lists.

best
    Herb

• Uhh...I have sul pont libraries for all sections except violas... How is this possible?

Maybe it was the holiday downloads? In that case, could we have another to complete this edition?

It just seems like a glaring omission considering the unrivaled completeness of almost everything else VSL has to offer!

• an epic strings VI would immediately sell to me!
    i can't afford pro edition, i have to build my orchestra with the vi's step by step [:)]

• Herb,

Not to give you any ideas since I only bought the standard lib, but for the Appassionata Library will we get the complete lib or will there be an extended library also?

• WOW! I cant believe I missed this thread. I usually just check the main Vienna thread.
    What a fantastic offer Herb. [:D] You are indeed a great man.
    Since I have the Giga 2.5 format for the Pro Edition, will you be making a Giga version?

• last edited
    last edited

@DamonB said:

WOW! I cant believe I missed this thread. I usually just check the main Vienna thread.
    What a fantastic offer Herb. [:D] You are indeed a great man.
    Since I have the Giga 2.5 format for the Pro Edition, will you be making a Giga version?
    If I recall correctly, no new products will be released in other formats than the VI.

• Alright Herb said it would be ready in 5-7 weeks and that was about 5 weeks ago. Any news?

• We work on it! [:)]

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library