Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,684 users have contributed to 42,667 threads and 256,811 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@janila said:

I have Opus 1, Opus 2, French Oboe and Glass & Stones. What are my chances? [[[[;)]]]]

Rumour has it that Opus users are people too. [:P] [[[[;)]]]]

Yes, but it's only a rumour......

[[:|]]

Ah, touche! [[[[;)]]]] [:D]

• Herb,

It's great to see that VI is finally being shipped. Now with the latest developments on the Appassionata (like the name) library, what approx.date would you expect to have this rapped up and ready for shipment?

• Downloadable would be cool to [:)]

• It will be exclusively downloadable, in approximate 5 to 7 weeks.

best
    Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

It will be exclusively downloadable, in approximate 5 to 7 weeks.

best
    Herb

Herb-- you are the King of the World!! Thank you!! [:D]

• In some ways it was a good thing that there was no discount on the initial price of VI. Otherwise we wouldn't have this Appassianata library, a gift from Herb. At least not so soon.

• Herb -

Can you tease us with a couple 10 second samples. One - scale tones - the other playing legato intervals??

Rob

• ...and the third, an orchestral arrangement of the "Appassionata" Sonata. [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

...and the third, an orchestral arrangement of the "Appassionata" Sonata. [[:D]]

Come on Guy - don't scare Herb away from this request [[;)]]

2 - 10 second samples. Personally I prefer sample library demos that are just the instrument in question - playing the few most important articulations. I think all of us know samples well enough to know if it is "cuttin' it". Things are not 'doubled', eq'd, tucked below, etc. - just out there exposed for all to hear. [[:D]]

Rob

• Just having fun... your request is excellent. [[;)]]

• Herb: so u need to own Pro Edition to be eligible for this much-wanted download? [:D]

• As far as I understood Herb you have to own the Pro ed AND Orchestral strings I or II (Vienna instruments)...

• Do I get a mention in the credits for coming up with the name?

[H] [[:|]] [:D]

Cheers!

Paul

• LOL appassionata strings makes me giggle LOL

i work in an 'appassionata string quartet' doing weddings, functions and general gigs around ireland.

business has never been better ..

LOL

• [quote=herb]I was looking for an additional attractive premium bonus for our Pro Edition users ...
    What do you think?

Yeeeeesssss!!! Herb!

To be honest when I upgraded from Pro to VI I was very dissapionted with the Sound of the Orch.Strings VLs. They havenĀ“t improved i bit. And we all were expecting a warmer, expressive etc. sounding section with the release of VI anyway.
    So you know what to do...

Best regards

Oliver

• I'm too lazy to read through the 18 pages but will this at least be for sale for those who aren't pro users? I'd kill for some good violin samples...but I can't afford to upgrade to pro edition.

• Those who own Pro. Edition Strings and who update to the VI Orchestral Strings I.

• Here's how I think it should be. [H] Those with pro edition get it for free, those with first edition stuff should be allowed to pay for these violins. It would be a nice gesture to someone like me that spent almost 3 thousand canadian on the first edition orchestral cube. [:)] Just a wish...

• last edited
    last edited

@ISM said:

Here's how I think it should be. [H] Those with pro edition get it for free, those with first edition stuff should be allowed to pay for these violins. It would be a nice gesture to someone like me that spent almost 3 thousand canadian on the first edition orchestral cube. [:)] Just a wish...

If I'm not mistaken I think Herb said they would eventually be sold as a separate library.

• Oh ok.