Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,670 users have contributed to 42,667 threads and 256,811 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

The intent of my post was to:

2) To encourage a few longer note lengths. At present, the .5 in the strings can make for excellent fluid legato lines without using the Performance tool. The problem is when you come to a sustained pitch that's slightly longer than the .5, forcing you to find a matching sustain which in turn adds an extra track. A .7 or a .9 could be a very all purpose program.

Yes, but maybe VI will do that for you, so that you won't need an extra track/match velocities/crossfade etc.

DG

The purpose of this thread is make recording suggestions for Epic Violins. This I have done, with score references.

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

The purpose of this thread is make recording suggestions for Epic Violins. This I have done, with score references.

Fair enough. I was just trying to suggest that it may well not be necessary, after all I would rather that they recorded things that we can't even fake..!

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

A .7 or a .9 could be a very all purpose program.

Very good idea here as it would fill in a very much needed gap in the articulations. I imagine we will eventually see these for all instruments ( but later rather than sooner unfortunatly.)

• Sorry if this is a stupid question, and I did search the forum and read the FAQ but I couldn't find a definitive answer:

Can you say if this library is likely to be available in Horizon format or will it be VI only?

In fact, will there be any more Horizon products released at all from hereon?

Thanks

R

• Recording sessions for the large violin section have already started.
    We have changed the working title to Appassionata Violins, somebody mentioned here that "Appassionata" would be a better name tha "Epic", and that's right, because Appasionata is exactly what they are.

We also expanded the recording schedule to much more recording sessions, and we also developed a new modular performance-interval producing/mapping scheme.
    So we are able to offer real interval legato patches for many different articulations.
    Main focus is on two velocity variations, one in mp and one in mf. Here you will get performance legati with medium vibrato, heavy vibrato, progressive vibrato, variations with slightly out of tune notes (at the beginning) going into tune.
    There will also be a pp performance legato patch with strong vibrato, and a molto appasionate ff patch.

I'm very, very happy with the results so far, and we try to offer you this stuff as fast as possible. Maybe we can upload first patches end of March.

best
    Herb

• Much better title.
    The word 'epic' in a musical context always reminds me of some film blockbuster, and those damn taiko drums!
    Like the idea of progressive vibrato too.

Herb, any idea on how heavy a load this will place on Ram and CPU?

Alex.

• Thanks for the session update. Sounds like it will be fantastic and it that it will be a very successful title for you and your team.

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

Recording sessions for the large violin section have already started.
    We have changed the working title to Appasionata Violins, somebody mentioned here that "Appasionata" would be a better name tha "Epic", and that's right, because Appasionata is exactly what they are.

We also expanded the recording schedule to much more recording sessions, and we also developed a new modular performance-interval producing/mapping scheme.
    So we are able to offer real interval legato patches for many different articulations.
    Main focus is on two velocity variations, one in mp and one in mf. Here you will get performance legati with medium vibrato, heavy vibrato, progressive vibrato, variations with slightly out of tune notes (at the beginning) going into tune.
    There will also be a pp performance legato patch with strong vibrato, and a molto appasionate ff patch.

I'm very, very happy with the results so far, and we try to offer you this stuff as fast as possible. Maybe we can upload first patches end of March.

best
    Herb

Holy hell this sounds great. And this stuff will still be free for "Pros"?

My guess is your plans are to offer this one for free, and then release a new VI which include the cellos aswell? Would be nice!

Herb this really sounds extraordinary - thanks!

• I started salivating just reading about it. [:D] Can't wait!

Best,
    Jay

• Herb, what a good news !!!!
    You made my day [[;)]]
    Can't wait to hear an exemple

• What a new ! it should be nice to hear some demos, at least a little 5 seconds [[;)]]

• I bet we are all dying to hear so demos please! [H] Any ideas when and at what cost it will be available for the common mortals without the VI?

• So will these new violins have more people in the ensemble than the regular VI strings? Or are you trying to expand upon what the strings are now? I wonder because I see you have a PP and a FF but no P or F in there. It will still be free correct for those that have the pro edition and have boughten the standard VI? Thank you for answering these questions in advance and for giving this "bonus" [:D] .

• Hello:

I followed this thread for a while when it started but haven't kept up so I must echo Janilla's question. Will this be available for those who have, for example, the Pro Ed and Performance Set, but who choose not to purchase the VI? If so, has a price been determined? It really sounds like a must-have item. Please excuse me if these questions have already been answered.

Be Well,

Poppa

• In the first place it's a free give away for our users who have Pro Edition Strings and are upgrading to the VI Orchestral Strings.
    Maybe there will be a commercial product available later.

best
    Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

variations with slightly out of tune notes (at the beginning) going into tune.
    Herb

They all look great, but I've been looking forward to seeing this one come alive. That will certainly accentuate the human side.

• Sounds awesome Herb!!

Owning the VI Orchestral Strings 1+2, Chamber and solo strings, what possibilities will there be for getting my hands on this juicy package?

• last edited
    last edited

@Vagn Luv said:

Owning the VI Orchestral Strings 1+2, Chamber and solo strings, what possibilities will there be for getting my hands on this juicy package?
    I have Opus 1, Opus 2, French Oboe and Glass & Stones. What are my chances? [[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@janila said:

I have Opus 1, Opus 2, French Oboe and Glass & Stones. What are my chances? [[[;)]]]

Rumour has it that Opus users are people too. [:P] [[[;)]]]

• last edited
    last edited

@janila said:

I have Opus 1, Opus 2, French Oboe and Glass & Stones. What are my chances? [[[;)]]]

Rumour has it that Opus users are people too. [:P] [[[;)]]]

Yes, but it's only a rumour......

[[:|]]