Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,796 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,386 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

And i trust the attempt to give up smoking is going well?

Be a lot easier in about 3 hours Moscow time.

You mean 2 Hours.

[H]

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

Yeah JWL, I was just going to post that but you did already. Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year in the U.S.

Purely a coincidence I'm sure... [[;)]]

BTW - "VSLING" - that is a great name. Sounds like a small pointy-eared creature with hairy feet who uses the state of the art in orchestral sampling.

One cube to rule them all,
    One cube to find them,
    One cube to bring them all
    And in the final mix bind them,
    In the land of VSL,
    Where the samples lie.

William-- another LOTR fan!! Thanks- I needed that!!

So-- we're now on the second day of the "1 More Day" advert clue. It's not a dream-- it's deja vu all over again!! As the song goes-- "it's yesterday once more...".

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

And i trust the attempt to give up smoking is going well?

Be a lot easier in about 3 hours Moscow time.

You mean 2 Hours.

[H]

Give me an hour for transition. This is all very hard on the nervous system.
    I don't know what I'm going to be buying or how much it's gonna cost: that'll get you smoking for sure.

• DOH - 1400 - no fair [[:|]]

• you GOT to be shitting me! [:(]

hmm... oh well

FUCK! [:D]

• Now the day arrived... and it's counting the seconds!!! Oh and thanks for all your worries about my humour... It is just not as obvious as others' sometimes [;)]

• I cannot stop laughing!

A brilliant ploy, well conceived, and certainly successful in generating interest.

Well done the VSL team!

Regards,

Alex.

[H]

• Hey that doesn't make sense. The flash countdown says 23 hours, 59 minutes etc, but the banner advert says 2pm Vienna local time? Huh? [*-)]

Which is it?

Someone's got their sums wrong. Never mind the fact that we are now on day zero, so it should have been unveiled by now!

• It says 13 hours

• last edited
    last edited

@PolarBear said:

Now the day arrived... and it's counting the seconds!!! Oh and thanks for all your worries about my humour... It is just not as obvious as others' sometimes [;)]

Which is often the sign of clever humour..........

Regards,

Alex.

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

It says 13 hours

Nope, it is most definitely counting down from 24 hours. I just checked it again. It says 23 hours, 47 minutes now.

• I also have 13 hours and counting down.

O hour might correspond to 2 pm Vienna time.

This is going to better than staying up for the late, late, late movie! (Pacific time...)

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

I also have 13 hours and counting down.

O hour might correspond to 2 pm Vienna time.

OK, now this is weird. I went back and reloaded the page...it still said 23 hours. Well, then I emptied my browser cache (Safari) and reloaded again. Now I get the 13 hours! The 23 hours thing has vanished. [:O]

So I reckon whoever wrote that flash display got his numbers wrong. Then they quickly corrected it! Hehe. Someone got their wrists slapped. [[;)]]

• For a moment i thought VSL had released a smart desktop clock/ handy screensaver... [:D]

So countdown says 23 hrs but banner says 14:00 hrs Vienna local time...?

EDIT : yes it now says 13 hours here too

• Exactly 11 hours left [[[:D]]] [[[:D]]] [[[:D]]] until I realize I can't afford it! [:'(] [:'(] [:'(]

• Isn't it neat the way we see the numbers come forward in the countdown? I wish I could get screen clock that tells the time like that so I could put in my studio... [H]

OK back to the countdown....

• "Exactly 11 hours left until I realize I can't afford it!"

Yep. As of 14:00 Vienna local time, I'm officially "old school," left to my unintelligent samples and antiquated digital glue.

• Hello:

With all the excitement and anticipation around the world regarding the upcoming revelation, the hype and the countdown, etc., the thought occurrs to me how few people outside our little community have even the slightest inkling of any of this. Perhaps even fewer would understand why we feel so strongly about it, nor would they care. I always find it fascinating that one group can be utterly immersed, mind. body and heart in something to the exclusion of all else while another group isn't even aware of that something's existence. Nor would it move them if they were aware. Hmmm!

Be well and enjoy,

Poppa

• i life in the vienna Time Zone [H] so I only have to watch my watch [:P]

• last edited
    last edited
    You know, I was actually talking to my girlfriend about this not half an hour ago. To us, all the numbers and words displayed in the animations over the last 14 days had some possible meaning - To someone without knowledge of current products, they would mean absolutely nothing.

Moving one step further out, even amongst the majority of the sampling community, already a small group, it's unlikely that this countdown has even been known. Once the product is announced, then naturally VSL will be marketing it outside the few sources it's currently found, but for the moment, it's only known among those who are interested in orchestral sampling, and keep track of VSL's developments.

My girlfriend, in the most affectionate way (Er.. I hope..), called the last 14 days, and its attempts to bait those already "in the know," the, ahem, "nerd countdown," and I suppose she's right. Ah well, the nerd shall inherit the earth, no?

Duncan

@PoppaJOL said:

Hello:

With all the excitement and anticipation around the world regarding the upcoming revelation, the hype and the countdown, etc., the thought occurrs to me how few people outside our little community have even the slightest inkling of any of this. Perhaps even fewer would understand why we feel so strongly about it, nor would they care. I always find it fascinating that one group can be utterly immersed, mind. body and heart in something to the exclusion of all else while another group isn't even aware of that something's existence. Nor would it move them if they were aware. Hmmm!

Be well and enjoy,

Poppa