Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,796 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,386 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

• If it is the new cube, I hope there's an upgrade VIP price that isn't too bad. I've only just bought my VSL Pro [:|]

• last edited
    last edited

@dummy said:

If it is the new cube, I hope there's an upgrade VIP price that isn't too bad. I've only just bought my VSL Pro [:|]

Me too! But the Pro Ed should keep me amused for a bit!! The tough thing will be if this new release has a new 'killer' feature...

• I really hope that the price won't be "killer" for those loyal users who have boughten the complete pro edition....I wonder if there will be a killer feature [:P]....What IF they somehow used the technique of Synful but used their sample quality? It would be great to somehow not have to get gigantic machines to use this stuff. I think CM or Dietz mentioned they were "looking into it" as if they were seeing into the possibility of incorporating it. Who know? [[:|]]

• I don't like the fact that VSL isn't giving much about what is getting released? No demo's or info whatsoever.....c'mon don't we get any more info??

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

I don't like the fact that VSL isn't giving much about what is getting released? No demo's or info whatsoever.....c'mon don't we get any more info??

I can't imagine they'll say a single thing till release day. Any announcement or hint would ruin the hype. I think it's pretty cool.

• Gentlemen (and Ladies), as there's no information at all, don't you run the risk of dissappointment if the release turns out to be epic tom toms or legato tympanis or something like that? I'm sure the VSL team are more than amused by all this speculation, and i actually find it quite entertaining, but do none of you have any patience at all? And if this release is another finely crafted smaller library, won't you feel let down as a result of your own mythical dreams and aspirations?

Never mind. There's only 12 more sleeps to go........!

Regards to you all,

Alex.

[H]

• There's NO doubt in my mind, at all, that this is the long awaited Symphonic Cube. If I'm wrong, I will eat my pro edition. The interesting thing will be to see if it comes on a hard drive or just DVD's, etc. It will undoubtably be huge....we already know it will include all of the Horizon series, plus Dave's Euphonium, and goodness knows what else. All in all, very exciting.

Best wishes to all those that can afford it!

Andy

• I agree with you there. It's for sure Symponic Edition 1 [;)]! I mean the picture gives it away in the newsletter! I'm more curious about what is IN the edition as well as cost. Is it within or reach or really a "dream"....

• If it's on DVD, then it's coming in twenty-eight days, because it'll take two weeks to load.

Anyway, we're about seven weeks from NAMM, so I do think this will be a VSL benchmark release. And I assume it's SC too.

Considering Keymap, Quad Macs and others, it should make for a news-filled December and January. Or so I hope.

• On countdown number 12, they've revealed more...

550 - could that be 550GB of data?

Authenticity and intelligence. Sounds like it's going to be easier to use and sound more realistic.

[:)]

• Argentina 2 England 3

Is this the right thread?

• Yeah Mobius...

I'm with you. It's GOT to be the symphonice cube at 550 GB!!

Either that...

OR...

Symphonic Cube for $550.00 (USD)

Ha Ha. I'm kidding about the price...

24 bit would be very cool! Tres Cool. Coolissimo!

• last edited
    last edited

@Mobius said:

Authenticity and intelligence. Sounds like it's going to be easier to use and sound more realistic.

Damn, that'll be the killer feature then.

Bugger. There's only so much strain the credit cards can take..

• Wow...This is exciting...now where is my freebie [:D]. Authentic and Intelligent is what I like to hear. Perhaps it will be something along the lines of how Synful works...Synful's concept is quite "intelligent"....It's just not Authentic [:P]. GO VSL GO! [[:|]]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Gentlemen (and Ladies), as there's no information at all, don't you run the risk of dissappointment if the release turns out to be epic tom toms or legato tympanis or something like that? I'm sure the VSL team are more than amused by all this speculation, and i actually find it quite entertaining, but do none of you have any patience at all? And if this release is another finely crafted smaller library, won't you feel let down as a result of your own mythical dreams and aspirations?

Never mind. There's only 12 more sleeps to go........!

Regards to you all,

Alex.

[H]

Oh God! This is so sad! I thought you were actually making good sense until that last line. And I may add that people don't seem to have anything else better to do than countdown each day. Don't you people have a life, something else to do?

Oh! By the way: 17420 min to go. [[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulR said:

Argentina 2 England 3

Is this the right thread?

Funniest post award.

• hey guys...your are all wrong ! this is the hard disk version coming !
    no more stuffit ! [*-)]:

• Guys!! Gals!! I know what it is!!

It's 12 days until...... the 26th of November!! VSL is inviting us to reflect on the gift of existence by counting down to the next day of the rest of our lives!

That's... just so... Zen.... [[;)]]

• Guys, if they gave a hint on the 12 day, do you know what that means? We will get more hints!! Yes! Perhaps a demo piece that you can hear [;)]...or not but more hints I'm sure! Don't you think?

• But if it is 800,000 samples and it is 500gb - the sample counter now tops 1,600,000. Geez where is this company going. This just makes everyone else look like so many minows in with the shark.

And ooooh yes England 3 Argentina 2 was sooooo sweet. I hope the cube will inlcude samples of the trumpets and drums that do the "Great escape" at all Englands matches.