Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,632 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,547 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Paul, very well written post! I enjoyed the read. Your right about the problem with hyping. Artists have quite an imagination and when you play with them...you might just be played......BUT since VSL is led by Herb who is also an "artist" let alone the majority of VSL we might be suprised with the outcome [;)] [:O] [:D] [:)] [[:|]]

• 3,456?

Whats that?

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Ahhh! I'm just gonna wait, this is getting nonsense...

You're joking!!!!

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

3,456?

Whats that?

Price (in EUR)?

A random sequence of numbers like 6,789 or 0,001 (EUR)?

[6]

• Any rumor about an Opus 3[*-)]:

• 11 days:

"Performance"
    "Fast"
    "Live"

Surely surely surely a new performance-related tool of some sort!?

2 days since the announcement, and this post is heading for it's 8th page. I suggest a side-bet on how long it'll be by the 26th... [[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@irvind said:

"Performance"
    "Fast"
    "Live"

Surely surely surely a new performance-related tool of some sort!?

Fast Live Performance (Tool?).

A kind of warp-speed Synful?

• Hmmmm. 11 days.

This reminds me of the movie "The Ring".

at day 7 I'm NOT gonna answer my phone hehe

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

You're joking!!!!

Nope. I'm going to get excited one day before, that's it!

• last edited
    last edited

@Chinablu said:

A kind of warp-speed Synful?

Oh, I see: it's justthis...

[6]

• Don't you guys remember when they did this with their Horizone Series stuff? - good times. They've got me all excited over a flash movie - lol.

I'm sure its the Symphonic Cube and that's awesome - means they can move on to other fun stuff. [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

You're joking!!!!

Hehehe - That's just cracked me up.

[:D] [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

You're joking!!!!

Hehehe - That's just cracked me up.

[:D] [:D]

Whys that?

• ... until Apocalypse [;)] And remember I said that first here... [:D]

• It is the most amazingly fast computer, engineered and optimized to natively run VSL samples instantly. Featuring:

1. only the best multi threaded cpus
    2. lowest system buss latency possible
    3. over the top Ram spead and built in capacity
    4. ultra fast and ultra large ram disks (that stream the samples in real time,
    as opposed to mechanical hard drives which depend on the speed physical
    objects)
    5. Every instrument known to man sampled to the deepest levels possible, with all articulations, preloaded and ready to go with an integrated performance tool engine for the highest possible level of expression. If humans have used it for music, its in there.

• I want to know how intelligent it's going to be.

If they haven't with this (tentative) new version, I think VSL should take their samples a few steps further and find a way to get legato instruments, staccato playing and other variations to work together in one patch. Like.....if you play this whole legato line and the last note in it is short, and is only like 35 ticks long, it automatically plays a note from the staccato patch isntead. Or what about wanting to use a grace note rather than the legato patch. So those are combined and it recognizes what you want if it's 35 ticks long grace note then the first note in the actual line. Eh? What about these for ideas? Commeeee ON!!

-Tim

• This is Very Good News ! The Big Symphonic Cube is coming ....

Well, I just purchased Opus1, Chamber Strings, Solo Strings, and Epic Horns, but have not installed them yet, since I am waiting for a new G5-Quad to arrive later this month, or maybe beginning of Dec .

I am guessing that the 24 bit samples in the cube will make a big difference as far as quality and dynamic range is concerend, I am also looking forward to hearing better strings than the Pro-Edition Strings.

Yes, better strings, I felt that the Pro-Edition Strings could sometimes sound a bit on the cold/rigid or kind of on the flat side, not sure how to put it in exact words, but regardless, of what words I use, it is just an overall quality that seems to lack in the Pro-edition strings, which I feel reduce their realism (a little bit), and I mean when comapred to real string sections, not other sample libraries, but I am sure the Symph. Cube Strings are going to sound much better. (More realsitic - closer to real strings). When listening to VSL demos, the Strings are the first thing that give away the fact that what's playing is not real instruments, but rather a sample library, I am hoping that this will eventually change.

I am quite optimistic that the new Symphonic Cube will be able to perform the magic needed to finally fool the ear, and create the illusion needed for ultimate realism , plus the MIR effects should also help lift the realism factor to the next level. (That is if MIR is ready, and nicely integrated as part of the Symph. Cube package).

These are exciting times for all of us composers who rely on high-tech means to hear their orchestral music ideas/compositions come to life .

VSL is an amazing breakthrough, and is making many dreams come true.

Many Thanks to the VSL development team for their outstanding efforts, and dedication, The air is charged with excitment, your first class professional spirit is a big factor in your success.

Viva VSL ! (Applause)

• I was just kidding by the way. [:D] I have no idea what its going to be.

But imagine if it realy were that advanced?

• ...could this be the busiest thread ever in the history of VSL forum?

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

...could this be the busiest thread ever in the history of VSL forum?

No Guy, I predict that this thread will cease soon. As for me, I am not reading any more posts (a watched pot never boils) [:D]

(yea, right [:D] )

Rob