Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,357 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,767 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@mike harper said:

[H]
    epic trumpets
    epic strings

Without a doubt - the best idea of the day. Seriously - the way the epic horns are recorded and programmed is nothing short of brilliant. Have this same sound in strings and trumpets would be nice.
    Herb?
    Rob

And without a doubt, the most difficult to get right it seems from experience. These two would be a great idea. Anything on this Herb? [:)]

Ditto

• Yeah I have some sample libraries- VSL Cube, EWQLSO Gold, EWQLSO Silver, SAM trombones and horns, Epic Horns, French Oboe, Stormdrum and some piano libraries. I'd love to see an Epic Strings! Better hire Thomas J again though.

• Epic Anvils
    [[:|]]

• How about Epic Forum Posters - samples of us demanding more samples in an epic manner. [[;)]] [:D]

• Epic Wind Chimes.... [[:|]] [[:D]]

Imagine this epic *blingblingbling* - sound... [[;)]]

[[:D]]

• Let's please be serious here.

Epic avatars!

• EPIC STRINGS.... with an epic pizza on top...
    Because then I would not leave my studio for a long time! [[:|]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

EPIC STRINGS.... with an epic pizza on top...
    Because then I would not leave my studio for a long time! [[:|]]

I'll have the same with a side of Epic girls...

• ... and loads of epic bristols... [[:|]]

• The only thing epic in Bristol is the bridge going to Wales............Boyo.

Regards,

Alex.

[H]

• This is not about Epic pizzas or Epic Hot dogs...

Last year, was there a holiday special on VSL products? I wasn't around then. I guess this is impossible to answer for this year hey?....

I like to believe that Santa exists...

• HELLO! HELLO!HELLO!hello!

• No disrespect to the VSL team (I love your products.. I own Opus 1, 2, and French Oboe..and plan on buying more!), but what are your folks' impressions of Epic Horns vs. SAM Horns? I have a small fraction of Epic Horns, I think it came with Opus 2. It has a different tone to it than SAM Horns.. especially at a "p" level dynamic. Epic Horns sound almost like deep double reeds at a low level.. very smooth, mellow, warm. SAM Horns at a low dynamic have a bit more of a brassy sound to them. I guess it's good to have both of them.. I'm just wondering if Epic Horns will give me something SAM Horns can't (besides perf legato of course). I can already piece together convincing fanfares w/ SAM Horns using its marcato A/B/C and staccato samples.

• Sam - I have both. No disrepect to Marteen's work (it was groundbreaking a few years ago when it came out) - but Epic has so much more depth.

Just the layered leg patches (with filtering options) is worth the price of the package.

Just finished a film that the theme was carried substantially by this patch and the Director DID NOT know if was a sample. In orders words he got more than he bargained for.

Good luck to you.

Rob

• Nice. Regardless of how it compares to SAM Horns, I'm still buying it. [:)] Coming up with the Horizon Series (smaller libs at smaller prices) was one of the smartest things the VSL team has done. They've made it affordable for everyone to enjoy these amazing libraries.

• Well, never mind then!!!

• last edited
    last edited
    This question definitely merits a response - I, too, am hoping for a Christmas sale from VSL, as it's about the only way I'll be able to afford some of their excellent products for some time, given that student loans only take me so far. I want to use their samples in my composition studies, but current prices just don't make that a viable possibility.

Guy - Good to see another Canadian around.

Cheers,
    Duncan

@Guy said:

This is not about Epic pizzas or Epic Hot dogs...

Last year, was there a holiday special on VSL products? I wasn't around then. I guess this is impossible to answer for this year hey?....

I like to believe that Santa exists...

• last edited
    last edited

@Duncan S. said:

Cheers,
    Duncan

...and cheers to you my fellow canadian! [[;)]]

And good luck with your studies!

• last edited
    last edited

@MDesigner said:

Nice. Regardless of how it compares to SAM Horns, I'm still buying it. [:)] Coming up with the Horizon Series (smaller libs at smaller prices) was one of the smartest things the VSL team has done. They've made it affordable for everyone to enjoy these amazing libraries.

if they could please also release a solo woodwind collection it would be much appreciated. [:D]