Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,774 users have contributed to 42,258 threads and 254,915 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

I'm very happy to announce our "Summer Classics".

A lot of our products do have temporary reduced prices, and we also offer again sample content for free download.

This sounds great. I think I am much closer to purchasing a pro ed. But I have to wonder what is so special about september that the pro ed will replace the first edition. Can this mean MIR and the Symphonic cube are ready? If so, is it wiser to wait until september?

In my experience it never pays to second guess what and when things will be released. If you need something now, then you need it now. If you don't need it, why get it (unless you think that you might need it in the near future)? VSL has been very good about discounts for upgraders, so even if a new miracle product is announced in September, chances are that there would be some discount if there was some overlap in the samples used. You would also have had two months use of the current product....

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

mike, you (resp. whatever page the translation did) gave me a good laugh - *glaubensbekenntnis* is the german word for confession. this makes sense in a certain way, though [:P]
    christian

[:O]ops:
    bummer i just did a cross check translation on several sites. I can' t get any to work well i was trying to show my true appreciation.

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

In my experience it never pays to second guess what and when things will be released. If you need something now, then you need it now.

You are quite right. I do need it now, so I am going to get it! What makes me curious is the timing of this whole thing. Usually when a company does something like this, it's because they are ready to roll out a new product. I know Vienna has been working on the MIR project and the Symphonic Cube and it seems right that they would be released fairly soon after the discontinuation of the First Edition.

But as cm has said, they feel it is unesessary to print out a new batch of first editions... Anyway, just speculating!

• Thanks so much for the freebies. I feel so appreciated!!

I am loving my opus 1/2 more and more, but can see me outgrowing it before too long and having to save for the pro edition!

Keep up the great work guys.

• Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but Opus 1 or 2 are not on sale right? If not, is there any chance that it might be in the near future?

• Opus 1 and 2 are availible as bundle, but not on sale with the current Summer Classics Sale.

• last edited
    last edited

@PolarBear said:

Opus 1 and 2 are availible as bundle, but not on sale with the current Summer Classics Sale.

Ok, I guess there goes wishful thinking. [;)] I wish they would consider it, I'm sure Opus on sale would sell a bunch, myself included.

• Opus1 was just brought down in price (I believe) when Opus2 was launched so it is a reduced price already.

Dave Connor

• That's right, I should have said discounted bundle... hehe [;)]

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

I'm very happy to announce our "Summer Classics".

A lot of our products do have temporary reduced prices, and we also offer again sample content for free download.

You'll find all informations here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/english/pages/profile/news/summer_classics.htm

best
    Herb

I'm sure the Price reductions are good news for folks wanting to buy now, What about those folks who just made their purchases before the "Summer Sale"? They're sure to be annoyed. (Of course I'm referring to myself).
    So what's the scoop? [*-)]

Trevor

• Dude, I'm in the same boat.

Life isn't fair. At least you're not a Sudanese refugee.

-BW