Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,459 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Seeking Paid Tutor, Orchestration with Samples

I have scored a few things as well as worked in the business for a few years in film soundtracks and I am looking for someone to teach me the in and outs of scoring with samples from VSL to EWQL. I have an understanding of theory and some harmony, but for the most part, play/write by ear and am willing to compensate to the best of my ability, someone to help me out.

my email for now is retrobeats22@yahoo.com and I hope it's ok to ask for something like this here.

For what it's worth, I am also a beta/developer for some of the finer programs out in the market. Also, I would prefer someone that has scored with the above libraries in order for me to view them and understand the instrument set-up.

Lastly, for now anyway, some say that EWQL is great for the quick fix, instant John Williams sound ( coming from sources at NAMM 04 as well) and have mentioned that Giga Pulse will help VSL come to that point. My question regarding this is; in theory, will it be possible to obtain this Hollywood Sound Stage sound with Giga Pulse and G3?

Thanks for any feedback.

I am located in Southern California.

• Yes, offcourse it is retroz. But you will never change the sample so it doens't sound like a vsl sample. Someone use other string samples(not vsl) to get another sound. And I think everyone should remember that songs that are already made by hollywood composers have used different orchestras, and they haven't used a vienna orchestra.

Maybe because EWQL is another orchestra most likely not much different than london symphony orchestra (which John Williams uses) It's going to sound better and be easier to reverb the vsl orchestra and other libaries in GIGAPULSE....

If your haunting the john williams sound you could allways lend the london symphonic orchestra for some hours [[;)]]
    But seriously...Gigapulse, vsl and gs 3...smack! That is one hell of a studio

• last edited
    last edited

@retroz said:

Giga Pulse will help VSL come to that point.
    Uh ... no. It will only sound like VSL with GigaPulse. If we are in fact talking about sound. Functionally they will be similar, but EWQLSO will still have been sampled "in a hall", and VSL "on their silent stage".

Evan Evans

• Surely you don't mean to say that VSL can't sound Hollywood though correct? [[:|]]

• retroz,

I e-mailed you but I've been having nasty problems in that area so can you post here whether you've received. It would help me sort out the problem.

btw, VSL is a gorgeous sounding library. In the right hands you can get whatever sound you're looking for.

Thanks

Dave Connor

• Dave,

I sent you a reply, did youget it yet?

thanks

retroz

• I got the second brief e-mail but not a reply to my response. It's probably soon to show. I'll keep you "posted."

DC

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on