Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,598 users have contributed to 42,243 threads and 254,862 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

could we please keep the word *instrument* in the title?
    christian

Sure. "Composition, orchestration and instrumentation". [:)]

/Mattias

• One thing that recently occurred to me is to include "History" in this - like "Composers/Instruments/Music History" or something along those lines because that is one of the things I've found most interesting on this forum - like when Esperlad corrects me about Gershwin and the two Bennetts, or when DPcon talks about Raksin, etc. The history of music is the basis of it - the elemental thing that composers today are working from - and should be an essential part of it. Especially in the days of shallow, disorganized internet knowledge and 18 month hardware/software obsolescence.

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Composer/arranging/orchestration, etc. forum sounds very useful.

Rob

i second that idea

• [:D]

Yes indeed... a focus on musical issues would be very helpful. Specifically it would be facinating to discuss particular orchestral textures and the best use of VSL to capture them.

I've found it really helpful when folks site a musical situation and the VSL patch(s) used to achieve it. Perhaps a chapter could be devoted to links to user demos and techniques employed to create them. Beat Kaufmans recent post of the inner workings of the Bach demo was a great and useful example.

You are all great!

Looking Forward,
    Robert