Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,511 users have contributed to 42,234 threads and 254,830 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• MP3 Downloads changed?

I was wondering why the change in the demo download procedure? Before, I could download it onto the hard drive and listen to it without having to stream it off of VSL's servers. Now, I get this download template and there's pops and artifacts all over every MP3.

Why the sudden change? Or, is this just on my end?

• Good question!

I'm not experiencing the same problem as Russell, but I would still be unable to listen to the demos if I didn't figure out how you contruct the paths to the demo mp3's. The popup player crashes my Internet Explorer every time and I there are more reports on this. The effort to include a "Download mp3" button on the popup window was great, but the problem is that the streaming player starts automatically and poof, there it goes...

The previous solution was way better imo.

/Mattias

• hello matthias
    hello russel.

finally, we changed the whole download script.
    it should work again on all browsers.

please inform me, if there are still any problems.

best regards
    tobi

• Just checked it and it worked just as good as it did before whatever it was that happened [:)]

Thanks tobi.

• Okay!

Most of the few demos I just downloaded to show my producer downloaded fine, but the size still says "0kb" below the download button. This isn't a *life threatening* ordeal, but I just though I'd bring it to your attention as I'd like VSL to look at professional and as 'pristine' as it sounds [:)]

• russell, could you please tell me your OS and browser version?
    file size, file name and content type is set correctly in the http-headers
    i'd like to research on this, since also IE 5.1 on os 10.1 shows some strange issues here
    thanks in advance, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I just had a look in the demo section, and found the same for some demos. I didn't check all, but it showed 0kb with David Tobin's demo, and e.g. Vienna demos, "Stück für Streichorchester, Horngruppe und Schlagwerk" on both wav and mp3, on all string orchestra but the last (Stück für Streichorchester) - it worked fine with other demos: Craig Sharmat's, Wiliam Kersten's, Kentaro Sato's and a few older I checked.

I'm using IE 5.5 on WinME here.

PolarBear

• Maybe it just didn't like my demo!!!! [:D]

David T

• CM,

I'm using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. Browser is Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.