Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,971 users have contributed to 42,333 threads and 255,215 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 31 new user(s).

• Macintosh Safari Browser

It seems that you have your website programmed to switch to Mozilla whenever a USERAGENT of Safari comes browsing in. Howwever, Safari complies to the WC3 Standards for web design and is more perfect even then Internet Explorer.

The VSL website thus looks very bad in Safari because you guys have it redirecting Safari browsers to the Mozilla version of the site. Please server up the IE version of the site so that Safari browsers can read the site properly.

Thank you,
    Evan Evans

• Hello Evan Evans

Everything will be fine on monday. We´ll switch the whole system. Safari should work fine then.
    In my opinion "safari" is still in a beta status, since there are so many little bugs. But we´ll see it on monday.

Best regards

Tobi

• Yes it did fix all those iddues. Thank you. This must have something to do with the new subdomain of www2 huh?

Anyway, I think the Forum section could use some help as far as how the Forum loads in it's own inner frame. But on Safari it doesn't present you with scroll bars.

Safari is a WC3 compliant browser and should not be called buggy. The code is buggy. And IE is buggy.

Evan Evans

• huh, nothing to do with the new subdomain, just a new site, a new system, a new code ... well everything new, except the content ...
    i'll run various pages through the W3C-validator next week just beeing curious
    and ... since when is a software calling itself version 1.0 free of bugs?
    i've heard of a software version 10.3 having still _some_ issues [;)]
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • he he. So true CM.

Evan Evans

• Hello Evanevans
    No scroll bars?
    I´ve got Safari 1.0 (v85) / Mac OS X 10.2.4 on my testsystem. The forum iframe scrolls like hell.
    Could you please tell me your system configurations.
    Thanks
    Tobi