Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,366 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,770 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 59 new user(s).

• Woodwind Ensembles, I say [:O] !

• electric guitar

then kazoos with fulll legato performances....

[[;)]]

ok maybe not [[;)]]

• Now I got a really good one for you Herb:
    Alpenhorn - if you can fit one into the silent stage [:D]

Seriously though, I voted for the Eb Clarinet, cause I like that
    shrilling tone on top of the woods it can provide - but not much
    chance of seing it soon ( only 3 votes ).

• Full legato burps! [[:|]]

Seriously though folks, you might find me sweet-talking my bank manager (he stopped smiling at me last year) into extending my limit to 5k if you nail intimate divisi strings [:D]

• What about "Ondes Martenot" . No, not a joke, I really would like to have this...For those who do not know what it is = an electronic instrument - maybe the first one ever invented -, and used beautifully by French composer Olivier Messiaen.

Iwan
    http://www.iwanroth-sax.com

• last edited
    last edited

@Zhomas_J

@Another User said:

Clarinets in unison is also a terrible sound

hey hey hey... - clarinet-ensembles can be beautiful - yes? Believe me! You just have to play them right [:)]

for the poll: LARGE horn ensemble!

thats`s for sure
    ...although sax wouldn't be that bad eihter [:)]

• Herb,

Maybe we won't get enough votes for all your stories to be told, so how about a special "Tales of the Vienna Libs" topic? I would love to hear them....

Regards - Colin

(because Herb wrote[:D]on't forget every 50 votes comes another story, and there are plenty of them..)

• OK, next story at a summary of 75 votes. [H]

• Story countdown:

17 votes left...

• Good morning everybody.

(Or good night, it depends...)

I can’t vote.

I don’t have the VSL.

I mean not yet... (You know... negotiation with my banker...)

But, just one suggestion for updates :
    "Concert hall ambience noise"
    Like Garritan.
    I lissen ‘Driving from the cemetery’ (Maarten Spruijt).

It’s not a toy.

This is very impressive, for realism.

And the first quality of this librairy is... realism.

With kindest regards.

The French dyslexic who speaks badly English.

• If I didn't have SI I would have opted for the small string sections but since I have them.......Horns

• Hi everyone,

I would like to propose a write-in ballot:

A high-quality classical guitar, recorded with the full workup, i.e., performance legato, repetition, and full multisample.

• SMALL STRING ENSEMBLES

Small sections intended for two- and three-part divisi writing, perhaps set up as 1st Violins A, B and C sections, etc. (The A, B, and C sections need to be unique samples from each other so that the string writing can weave between divisi and unison without phasing or other duplication artifacts.) Keep the numbers small: 4-6 players max per section.

These small sections would also be great for layering over the larger section samples.

How about separate 1st and 2nd Violin section large ensembles, like Garritan and Sonic Implants?