Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,465 users have contributed to 42,228 threads and 254,805 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

I wonder if the Sax library can do Soprano to sound like Kenn G, anybody?
    Thanks
    Sonny

Why!

• Oh, man, you had me pretty scared, there! Although I still think you are really fast at this stuff overall.

Anyway, it is a great example of the VI genre-crossing abilities.

I like those drums--will look for those.

Clark

P.S. What is the difference between Kenny G and a machine gun?

A machine gun only repeats itself 1000 times per minute!

• Just being realistic, you guys don't want Kenny G but our clients wants it, face it, like it or not, he's more famous than most guys here [you know him, right? but does he know you?]
    I was just wonder if VSL Sax's Soprano can be sound anything like that, if it does, it will be very useful to me to make money
    Sonny

• last edited
    last edited

@dsstudio said:

Just being realistic, you guys don't want Kenny G but our clients wants it, face it, like it or not, he's more famous than most guys here [you know him, right? but does he know you?]

We play basketball every thursday. [:D]

Seriously, I know what you're saying and it would be cool to have sop sax played like...like...like.....can't say his name, sorry!

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

We play basketball every thursday. [:D]

Seriously, I know what you're saying and it would be cool to have sop sax played like...like...like.....can't say his name, sorry!

So, can you make some demo line with Sop sax like ...like...like for me [:P]
    cause I want to buy the VSL sax but not sure how it sound, the SE does not include sop sax
    Just kidding, you can play whatever you like, I just want to hear the sound, much appreciated!
    Guy B, I really admired your talent, your demo sounds great! [so you are famous huh [:)] I know you but you don't know me [8-)] ]
    Sonny

• last edited
    last edited

@dsstudio said:

Guy B, I really admired your talent, your demo sounds great! [so you are famous huh [:)] I know you but you don't know me [8-)] ]
    Sonny

Cousin Sonny? Dat you?

[:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Hey all...I'll fill in the blank here....

How about John Coltrane??????????

Here comes a rant:

This is the most frustrating legacy of Kenny G. In my expreience, non-musicians, tend to have strong associations with timbre. So whenever "non-musicians" (and some musicians) hear a soprano sax, it reminds them of Kenny G. Unfortunately, this makes it hard for some people to appreciate the beauty of Coltrane's soprano playing (If you haven't heard him play "My Favorite Things" -- get it NOW).