Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,695 users have contributed to 42,668 threads and 256,813 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Wow! what an excellent piece of work!
    i really like all the details you put into this track.
    great work!

• A big thanks to all the kind comments. [:D]

Terry,

If Schumann would be proud, that sure makes my day...

• Very interesting, what an excellent piece of work!
    I really like all the details and nuances you put into this work.The organ variation is my favorite.
    Great job!
    Petr Kepka

• Hi Guy,

these variations are just amazing. Now I have the full VI orchestral strings,
    I'd really like to know what patch for the strings you used in the 4th variation.
    Was it a combination of runs, and another patch, or just one patch.

thanks, I'd love to know if possible.

best regards.

Steve [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@Steve Martin said:

Hi Guy,

these variations are just amazing. Now I have the full VI orchestral strings,
    I'd really like to know what patch for the strings you used in the 4th variation.
    Was it a combination of runs, and another patch, or just one patch.

thanks, I'd love to know if possible.

best regards.

Thanks Steve.

It was a combination of scale runs, but it demands perfect timing for it to sound natural. However it's doable.

• Hi Guy,

thanks for the answer. I must say that when I listened to these variations I would start thinking how the instrumental combinations you used were very effective, and, particularly this variation, gave me ideas for a piece using a similiar sound in the strings.

Thanks again for your reply,

best,

• Great stuff Guy! How do you find the time???

• I think it's like learning to play the violin, you have the tool but the more you improve the playing aspect the faster and better everything goes.

• I've always loved Schumann's Kinderszenen. Schumann is in my mind one of the greatest romantic composers, perhaps THE greatest. Guy has done a remarkable job
    in bringing the spirit of the original into the orchestral rhelm. At times one comepletely forgets that this is an orchestral library. Scary!
    Way to go Guy.

• I agree, and really liked these both for bringing the great R. Schumann into prominence here - he is one of the greatest composers ever - and for the huge range of imagination that Guy shows in his variations.

• Thanks Blochmusic and welcome,

I agree Kinderszenen is a treasure.

William,

Thanks! I have to say I'm particularly proud of this demo.