Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,646 users have contributed to 42,249 threads and 254,882 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Christian - when I tried to reinstall the software I got the message: "there were errors when installing the software. Please try again" Is there an easy way to uninstall and try to reinstall it?

I have 179 demo starts left, but I do have my Vienna Key successfully installed and the standalone seems to work OK.

In Performer I don't think there is any way to check for AU validation.

• Go to Library. Open preferences folder. locate and open the digital performer folder. put the audio unit info cache file in the trash.
    Now launch digital performer which will go through it's audio unit examination. this will let you know if any audio units are damaged or ok.
    Good luck.

• hav to agree with timeline.. 5.11 rocks.. i cant imagine still being on v4.6 but im sure you have your reasons , i mean the upgrade is not expensive & updates like that are essentual. things are always moving forward & i think its important that DP is bang up to date.. specialy if your guna folk out on a luvly vsl set up, last thing you want it on is an 'old' version of DP... its asking for trouble if you ask me.

with dp5.11 i installed the full instrument cube, & it runs like a dream, but hay thats sort of what you expect when things are up to date..

go get 5.11.. pleeeez , really is there best yet [8-)]

Regards in Music
    Love in Life

Marc Mitchell

• Yes I will get it eventually. But my computer died a few weeks ago and I've spent already spent a lot of money getting my new setup together. All those $300 expenses really add up. Plus. all the literature says that 4.61 SHOULD work. If it doesn't they should just say so.

Plenty of people on this site are using 4.61. I suspect my problem has something to do with 10.4.9 (like a dummy I just automatically installed it when it popped up on my screen). I had ProTools issues after updating and I bet it's something similar.

Maybe it's just something stupid I'm overlooking. But what I really need is just someone to walk me through troubleshooting

• I realise this is not a solution, but I installed SE yesterday with DP 4.61 and OS 10.4.9 and everything seems to working fine in standalone and AU mode.