Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,614 users have contributed to 42,246 threads and 254,868 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Well, there certainly will be a discount calculator for those who have the complete Cube pro and bought almost all the VI too.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to need a lighter version for my laptop. [[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Laurent said:

Well, there certainly will be a discount calculator for those who have the complete Cube pro and bought almost all the VI too.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to need a lighter version for my laptop. [[;)]]

We'll see. Back then they didn't put up a discount for pro edition users wanting to buy Opus.

• last edited
    last edited

@mathis said:

We'll see. Back then they didn't put up a discount for pro edition users wanting to buy Opus.

Because there was no need to do such a thing, the samples were the same, and you had the choice to select "only" the Opus sound if you had that aim.

The VI samples are encapsuled, you can't make a light version for your laptop, if you want to use, let say, the perf leg and stacc of the VI chamber strings you must take the whole 56 Go with you.

That's why a small version will be very usefull.

• last edited
    last edited

@Laurent said:

Because there was no need to do such a thing, the samples were the same, and you had the choice to select "only" the Opus sound if you had that aim.

Not entirely true since Opus is mapped in wholesteps. Compared to the halfsteps in the pro edition that makes for a much lighter RAM usage. You can load more instruments into one computer, or laptop respectively.

Actually I hope VSE will be wholesteps again.

• Any news on the actual release date for VSE? I read a post saying it could be early this coming week, but the UK supplier still shows no sign of it on their website.

Thanks in advance

• I'm a bit confused here. The system requirements for the Special edition include the following lines:-

88 key master keyboard (highly recommended)
    ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB Protection Device)
    Syncrosoft License Control Center 5.2.6.4 or higher

On the preorder page if you try to add Vienna Key, a message comes up saying it isn't required.

The Vienna Special Edition page actually includes the following

Please note: Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey

If VI is not applicable then does this edition work with Kontakt 2 and/or Gigastudio and will it ever be compatible with VI?

Thanks,

John

I didn't see the folllowing by Christian which clears up my doubts! Sorry

like all vienna instruments also the special edition will use the vienna instruments player and take the advantages of the GUI
    christian

• mistersynth, i'd assume you have been referring to the wording *not applicable* which should just say there is no format / resolution for this product (i.e. the ViennaKey)
    because this led to confusion already in the past i have removed this from beeing displayed.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited
    Ok, this product sounds nice. I planned to buy Opus 1but this new product seems to definitely cover what Opus does and more... so I'm very interessed.

That said, I'm a bit lost with the vienna key and this syncrosoft system, the only VSL product I've got is Epic Horns.

1) so It says :
    # ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB Protection Device)
    # Syncrosoft License Control Center 5.2.6.4 or higher

it means that when I'll buy Special Edition, I have to add the vienna key. Ok.
    But what is Syncrosoft License Control Center ? (I guess it is something to control license but I'd like more infos) Do I have to pay more for that ?

2) I see "VST / AU / VI stand-alone"
    So it contains its own GUI, I guess it is THAT or a sort of reduction ?

Sorry if that had already been discuted [;)]

Thanks

TchoyY.

• last edited
    last edited

@tchoyy said:

Ok, this product sounds nice. I planned to buy Opus 1 but this new product seems to definitely cover what Opus does and more... so I'm very interessed.

It doesn't completely cover Opus. Compared to Opus the SE has reduced velocity layers (and some articulations are missing. On the other hand SE has a much wider range of instruments, 24-bit samples and a bundled sampler which seems very easy to work with. SE seems to be a very good deal to me.
    Regarding that Syncrosoft License Control Center, I wonder about that as well.

Nils

• last edited
    last edited
    Hello Tchoy,

the License Control Center is an application from Syncrosoft. You don´t pay extra for it. Get more infos here

For the Vienna Instruments, please have a look at our Video Tutorials

Hope that helps.

Best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks, everything is ok now [;)]
    I don't need tons of articulations, those listed in the description are enough for me, it will help me mixing different libraries to get the sound I want. I don't have the orchestral cube (even if I would love to play with it), because it is too much expensive for me, as a hobbyist, so I thing Special Edition would be a great alternative for a very nice affordable price.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Registered users of Opus 1 or of the Orchestral Cubes or Performance Sets of the FIRST or PRO EDITION are eligible to purchase the Extended Library of the Vienna Special Edition at the VIP price of only EUR45/US-$60, saving EUR420/US-$535!

I have abit of a dilema, i originally had just First Edition Brass\\Wood & Percussion. Much later on i got Pro Edition of Strings as the substitute was just not good enough. [;)]

This is effectively sort of the Orchestra Cube isn't it? I just have pro instead of first edition strings, yet i dont seem to qualify for the vip pricing? [:(]

• that's a combination we didn't think of ... please ask sales@vsl.co.at for an individual solution
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.